Is This a Scam? Advice Needed.....

FancyFashions

May 26, 2008
Hopefully someone can shed some light on a situation I am currently having with a buyer.....

About a month ago, I had someone email interested in buying a jacket. They initially said it was over their budget and could they please have a discount, they also stated they needed it for an important event in November. I said no, the price is firm. A couple days go by and the buyer purchased the jacket at my asking price.

I ship the jacket and the buyer emailed me that it arrived open box and dirty. They attempted to file an insurance claim with the post office, but was denied the full value of the package. I asked for the claim number so I could follow up, but that was never provided.

So, the buyer decided that they would like to return the jacket instead and said they had to since it was needed for an event that week (this contradicts what they said earlier about needing it in November). I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt, and thought well maybe they just misspoke, and said to send the dress back. A post office return label was provided.

Well, it has now been a couple weeks since then. There have been zero scans on the label, although the buyer is adamant that they gave the package to a post office worker and says that the post office knows from their own information that this has been delivered although it shows no movement online?? This should have taken just a few days for delivery. The package has not shown up for me, period.

Anybody have any idea what may be going on here and if this is some type of scam? Could a package truly be en-route and delivered with zero scans? My local post office is excellent about scanning in everything so I find it very hard to believe that it could have made it all the way to me without at least a scan from them. I am not sure how to proceed, hopefully someone has some advice as I have never seen anything like this before. There is no way I can refund without having the package back in hand. It is all very strange.

1. Buyers who can't afford your item shouldn't be shopping for brands/items they can't afford.
2. Buyers who give in and buy at a price of higher than they wanted to pay are notorious for finding fault with the item as a way to get a partial refund or return
3. If it arrived damaged, did she send pictures? Was the package marked as damaged? USPS marks such issues.
4. I'm guessing that she "rented" and used it and no longer needs it, thus the desire to return.
5. If all messages were through ebay messages and it's clear that you authorized the return and issued the label, it's now up to her to prove the return and without tracking showing delivery, she'll be SOL.
6. You don't owe her a refund and surely, any dispute should be resolved in your favor.

I think your buyer is a scammer and I'd love to block her if I knew her ID.

Sometimes, a package can go unscanned a few times including its acceptance and/or while en route. But I've NEVER seen a case where there are no scans at all from acceptance to delivery, and I find it extremely hard to believe that would even happen. If she gave the package to the post office worker, she could and should have gotten a receipt confirming its acceptance at the post office. She could have possibly dropped it off in those bins that they set out for people to drop off packages with pre-paid postage, and it could have gotten stolen from there (even then, this would be her fault). But I think that's extremely unlikely, and I'd bet that she's actually trying to scam you. If I were you, I would not budge at all until you receive the item. If she can't provide proof that her return was processed through the post office and there's no updates on the tracking number, there is no reason she should get her money back.

Did you sell this through ebay? Did the buyer open a return request? If she did, she has a deadline to return the item to you, and if it doesn't get scanned by then, she loses her chance in returning. In any case, if the package wasn't scanned, then there is no proof she ever sent it. You don't owe her a refund until you get your jacket back.

Hi
Did you send a label through eBay if you did the tracking will show up on the return request automatically,
I sold a chanel for 1900 a few weeks ago buyer wanted to return which I accepted sent a return label which was used but after tracking stating dropped off at post office no more tracking showed up, I contacted eBay and they said I had to wait 10 days for it to arrive which surprise surprise it didn’t I then contacted them and they closed the case in my favour and I got my 1900 back,
I’m not sure what happened in this case,
What courier did you use as she says box was open etc because if this was the case then she should have stated that when she signed for it,
I honestly think she’s trying to scam you ,DO NOT REFUND HER UNLESS YOU HAVE THE JACKET AND ITS IN THE SAME CONDITION AS WHEN YOU SENT IT ,
Your buyer has to provide tracking , did she give you any tracking as if not you don’t have to refund her,
NO TRACKING NO REFUND
My advice is to contact eBay and they will help you,
Hope this sorts out for you , X