Is this a light grey or dark grey

coffeelatte

Sep 11, 2008
i ordered a light grey mam from RM.com a week ago, the photo on the website looks like this
light_grey1.jpg

but when i got the bag last friday, the real color looks more like a dark grey than light grey to me. Is this a true light grey?
2915735306_2896b80f71.jpg

2914891153_34530d2b88.jpg

Yep that is light gray. I read on the other PFers thread about her light gray MAM that the leather scratches easily, like if you get it with your fingernail accidentally. That is a shame that it CAME to you with one though. Try lightly rubbing the pad of a finger over it in circles, maybe it will buff out? :sad:

It's light gray and beautiful!!!
Those light colored, smooth leathers are pretty delicate, though.

:sad:
i love this color and the shape,but looking at the scratch mark, i just feel so bad. this is one thing i don't like to order expensive bag from rm.com, since it's so much hassel and you need to pay the shipping to return it.

i love this color and the shape,but looking at the scratch mark, i just feel so bad. this is one thing i don't like to order expensive bag from rm.com, since it's so much hassel and you need to pay the shipping to return it.
If it came to you scratched, then you DEFINITELY should NOT have to pay shipping fees to exchange for a suitable bag. Contact RM herself via [email protected] or PM her and I am sure she will make it right!:tup:

PS- You may want to try a leather conditioner on the bag b/c it would more than likely take those scratches away or minimize them...

I bet that a little Apple conditioner would make that disappear.
Don't worry about it. The bag is gorgeous!

^^Hey Kimber! The new light grey recut does have silver hardware!! BEAUTIFUL....

Coffee- this is the light grey. The dark grey is a very dark charcoaly color :heart:

The light grey leather IS very gentle. It can get scratched easily, just like other matte leathers, and i'm sure that you can get that scratch out with a little conditioner. Instead of returning the bag, i would ask for maybe a 10% discount and see how that goes. Its a beautiful bag, but don't keep it if you don't love it!

beautiful! can you take a side shot of the hardware?

when i talked LB, they said that none of the MAMs would have tassels until January or something... hmm... i mean, i'm pretty sure the resort MAMs won't... but i don't know if other colors will?

Congrats on your new bag! :nuts:

This is the same bag I have and posted about in a thread last week.

http://forum.purseblog.com/rebecca-minkoff/light-grey-mam-364944.html

I am sorry yours had a scratch. :sad: Mine was alright. I have been carrying her since then and it does scratch easily. I don't baby my bags, so I figure she will be occasionally re-habbed. I am so glad I finally found a true grey bag, that I am in love with this one. :heart: The tassels are taking some gettng-used to for me though.

Please contact RM regarding the state of the bag when you received it. :yes: Also, if you are not enthralled with this bag after contacting RM (or even now), I would send it in for a refend and get something you truly love! HTH!

Last edited:
^^Hey Kimber! The new light grey recut does have silver hardware!! BEAUTIFUL....

Coffee- this is the light grey. The dark grey is a very dark charcoaly color :heart:

The light grey leather IS very gentle. It can get scratched easily, just like other matte leathers, and i'm sure that you can get that scratch out with a little conditioner. Instead of returning the bag, i would ask for maybe a 10% discount and see how that goes. Its a beautiful bag, but don't keep it if you don't love it!

Thanks..I thought it looked silver on the website, but I was not sure..sometimes it is hard to tell in pics. It is a nice bag:tup: