Is this a good deal?

glambagmissy

Jun 22, 2008
Hello all

I would like to get your views on this - potentially my first YSL bag (yippee), but not sure if it is a good deal or not, or if it is a recent style at all...

It's a YSL doctor's bag in coffee (gorgeous smooth dark brown leather) with three zips and a satin lining. It's quite structured. I got it for about £700 (approx $1100) brand new - is that a good deal or not? Not sure whether to keep or not (have the option to return) - it's the right colour (I'm looking for a chocolate brown bag) but not sure if it's funky or interesting enough...

Picture (small) is attached, hope you can access it.

Views and comments appreciated!

Thanks

Attachments

Cosmopolitan

former tPF mod
O.G.
May 23, 2006
Welcome to YSL. This was called the "32" bag, and you can see more pics and get some details, including some prices, in the Reference Library thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/ysl-reference-library/post-pics-of-ysl-32-bags-here-369347.html

I think the 32 bag came out in 2008 and the regular leather version retailed around $1895-1995 USD. I always admired this bag, even though it wasn't that well known, because I gravitate toward hand-held structured satchels and I loved the inner compartments. You got a pretty good deal on yours, but of course if you don't see it working for you and your lifestyle there are other choices out there.

glambagmissy

Jun 22, 2008
Hello
Thank you so much - good to know the proper name of the bag, too!
I am reconsidering whether to return - it is a beautiful colour, and a lovely leather.
Thanks again

glambagmissy

Jun 22, 2008
Hello

A question: do you think this bag is OK for everyday/casual use too? It's perfect for work but I'm looking for an all-rounder bag...

Is there a forum for that as well (I'm sure there is!)

Thanks