Is this a good Chanel Lambskin jumbo buy? Opinion please.

Curvycajun

Sep 13, 2020
Just got this preloved 2013 beauty in from FP. Was listed in excellent condition with repair/altered. I assumed That meant it had previously been to a bag spa. To my despair, The leather in the shoulder strap is hand sewn with what looks like household thread. I paid $4895us. I intend to wear as a casual everyday. I’m so disappointed. Is it worth to send to Leather Surgeons fir repair. I’m currently waiting on a quote from them.

289079D5-F401-4473-95BC-8D9ED64BCF26.jpeg

EE036B66-22C5-44F8-9D48-F0911C93044C.jpeg

4A9BED53-17CD-49A6-B5A2-74273B534CA4.jpeg

EF679A5B-5A0E-49F7-B319-BE1CF32B8A18.jpeg

Wow. FP did not disclose that in their pictures? This is a beautiful bag and shade of blue - very unique. You still have time to return it, so I'd wait for quote. It might be worth to fix it yourself and keep the bag.

Reactions: Curvycajun
Just got this preloved 2013 beauty in from FP. Was listed in excellent condition with repair/altered. I assumed That meant it had previously been to a bag spa. To my despair, The leather in the shoulder strap is hand sewn with what looks like household thread. I paid $4895us. I intend to wear as a casual everyday. I’m so disappointed. Is it worth to send to Leather Surgeons fir repair. I’m currently waiting on a quote from them.

View attachment 4847634

View attachment 4847635

View attachment 4847636

View attachment 4847672
Send back. 5000$ for this ?

Wow. FP did not disclose that in their pictures? This is a beautiful bag and shade of blue - very unique. You still have time to return it, so I'd wait for quote. It might be worth to fix it yourself and keep the bag.
If it were a more common color as in black I would definitely send it back. This shade of blue appears more like a slate blue with a little gray in it. I’m not one for black bags but I do like and looking for a dark neutral. The Unstitched Leather strap was a hard find, it was intertwined in the chain.

Stories like this make me so afraid to buy pre-loved sometimes, and shame on FP for not showing this obvious issue lol like did they not expect you to notice? I would also wait for the quote if everything else about the bag is 100%

Stories like this make me so afraid to buy pre-loved sometimes, and shame on FP for not showing this obvious issue lol like did they not expect you to notice? I would also wait for the quote if everything else about the bag is 100%
I appreciate your input.