Is this a crack in my speedy chap?

The photo is not very clear, but it looks like its either a crack or a thread going over from the side. Either way I would consider it a defect and go back to get an exchange since its new.

The photo is not very clear, but it looks like its either a crack or a thread going over from the side. Either way I would consider it a defect and go back to get an exchange since its new.
Thanks for your response. It was hard to get my phone to focus with it so close to the bag so I had to zoom, hence the blur. But to me in person it doesn't look like a thread. I just hope that they consider it a defect, because it will bother me now that I know it's there.

Thanks for your response. It was hard to get my phone to focus with it so close to the bag so I had to zoom, hence the blur. But to me in person it doesn't look like a thread. I just hope that they consider it a defect, because it will bother me now that I know it's there.
I would bring it in to see what they say. If its a crack it could keep cracking....

Not to be a trouble maker, but I also see the red lining peeking through on the other side of your chap. The choice is yours on a bag over $1k. FYI, they will take care of you if you only purchased it 2 days ago, whether or not you admit to them you wore it. Don’t let the Purse Forum police try to sway or intimidate you on something that never should have passed Quality Control in the first place. The only word of advice I will give you for the future with LV of late, “inspect what you expect” before using your piece. They will sell pieces with just about any damage nowadays that they would never sell in the past, hoping new clients (millennials) wouldn’t otherwise notice...

Not to be a trouble maker, but I also see the red lining peeking through on the other side of your chap. The choice is yours on a bag over $1k. FYI, they will take care of you if you only purchased it 2 days ago, whether or not you admit to them you wore it. Don’t let the Purse Forum police try to sway or intimidate you on something that never should have passed Quality Control in the first place. The only word of advice I will give you for the future with LV of late, “inspect what you expect” before using your piece. They will sell pieces with just about any damage nowadays that they would never sell in the past, hoping new clients (millennials) wouldn’t otherwise notice...

Yes, I should have inspected a bit closer. I just got out of the store, was told that it’s where the stitching pulled the leather tighter. He tried to put his fingernail in it/under it to see if it lifted, which it didn’t. We looked at it with the light directly on it and what he said does make sense. I can’t really see the red lining myself/don’t notice that, so it doesn’t bother me as much. But I do like the “inspect what you expect” adage. Makes a lot of sense as some bags seem to have constant recurring quality issues (cough... PM... cough.)

I totally agree! i purchased a wallet before and have it exchanged into new one because it has a defect but the SA just put it back from the cabinet. I just hope the person who bought it will inspect like the way i did with the corners of the wallet. so inspect what you expect like

Another thing I noticed, and this was on my Keepall, actually every Keepall I saw in the boutique, is that the handle on the back of the bag was more crinkled underneath than the front. The stitching pattern was even slightly different and inferior. I don’t understand why if you can get the front perfect, why the back one is done sloppy. I totally understand natural leather will crinkle, but why consistently more on the back of the bag than on the front. It’s almost like the supervisors tell them to do it to make more pieces faster or something. It annoyed me enough to notice, but not enough not to purchase. OCD, yes, but still....

Reactions: muddledmint
Another thing I noticed, and this was on my Keepall, actually every Keepall I saw in the boutique, is that the handle on the back of the bag was more crinkled underneath than the front. The stitching pattern was even slightly different and inferior. I don’t understand why if you can get the front perfect, why the back one is done sloppy. I totally understand natural leather will crinkle, but why consistently more on the back of the bag than on the front. It’s almost like the supervisors tell them to do it to make more pieces faster or something. It annoyed me enough to notice, but not enough not to purchase. OCD, yes, but still....

I will say I did notice that one of my handles feels rougher than the other on the underside. Like you, didn’t deter me, as I noticed in the boutique. I’m almost tempted to put some leather CPR on it, but I’m scared that would do more harm than good. And I’m thinking it will soften with natural oils.