Is there such thing as Fake MAC on ebay?

anitalilac

Ibu to 3 Lovely Nurs
O.G.
Apr 14, 2006
MAC has discontinued my all time favorite stick foundation Studio Stick Foundation, and I found BObbi Brown as a replacement, which I like but then I saw on ebay the MAC stick foundation selling for $39.95. Do you think it is fake ? Or just leftover stock? I am so tempted to get it.

Yes, there are TONS of fake cosmetics on ebay. Fake makeup is definitely a thing, weird & disgusting as that seems. MAC is probably the most faked, but I've seen fake NARS, Urban Decay, Lorac, even fake OPI & Gelish polishes. It's crazy.

I'd say just make sure it's a reputable seller - check their feedback & other items before you buy, and check their return policy. There are authentic cosmetics on ebay, you just need to know who you're buying from.

^ I don't buy cosmetics off ebay (other than nail polishes sometimes) so I don't know anyone to recommend. Hopefully some of the other ladies here will have some suggestions!

If you can get to an outlet mall with a Cosmetic Company Outlet (CCO) store you might find it there at a 30% discount. CCOs stock brands owned by Estée Lauder. They're my go-to whenever I'm looking for MAC products that were recently discontinued or were in LE collections. Colour choices will vary but you can always call to check stock in advance.

There are fake everything on ebay. Fake bags, perfumes, makeup they can even make you a fake passport if you want. Lol. Just beware. Be safe and just buy your makeup in the store you don't want to end up with infections on your face

I would strongly recommend against buying MAC or any other designer cosmetics from ebay, the counterfeit industry for such products is absolutely massive and the genuine companies simply don't supply to just anybody. The fakes can be incredibly dangerous, I've seen some real horror pictures of the results and to me personally, it's just not worth the risk. Some grey market discount places may carry discontinued MAC that are genuine, I've never found this brand on discounters over here though (UK).

A good resource for checking batch codes on make up and perfume is http://checkcosmetic.net if you happen to purchase one of those from ebay, but as with bags, I guess there's a chance batch codes and serial numbers may not always be genuine.