is there any way to get my bag less shiny?

ahhhpushit

Jul 26, 2009
lol

i put leather conditioner/cleaner on my mbmj totally turnlock bowler and i liked it better when it was matte, dry and "bumpy and textured" and not it's flat, too smooth, feels a thinner and is too shiny for my tastes. yes i know im silly but i am also serious. :P

It might have been the Sofa Cleaner that made your bag so shiny.
Maybe you can try using some Apple Cleaner (not the conditioner) and see if that removes some of that product and lessens the shine

It might have been the Sofa Cleaner that made your bag so shiny.
Maybe you can try using some Apple Cleaner (not the conditioner) and see if that removes some of that product and lessens the shine

i think there was a chemical reaction? the sofa cleaner didnt make it shiny, it just made the leather tighter like how it makes an old sofa tighter lol. the Cadillac conditioner made it shiny. :sad:

first i used sofa cleaner/conditioner and was panicing so the next day i used the right one, cadillac leather conditioner/cleaner a lady who worked at nordstrom gave me. :Push:

I actually remember another tPFer who absolutely ruined the leather on one of her bags because she used leather sofa conditioner on it, so I would NOT suggest using a product like that on your bags.

Did you buff the conditioner out like the instructions say? Honestly, I've used Cadillac on all of my bags, and none of them have had a reaction like yours has. :thinking:

Ugh!! Do not use furniture products on your handbags! There was some sort of agent in the couch stuff that will cause a bit of shrinking (it might even have removed the texture from your bag)

Couch conditioner is meant to pull the leather back into its original shape (ya know, so there aren't butt marks in the leather anymore?)