is there a "best time"?

Jul 17, 2008
Reading all of the threads about outlet runs and everyones great finds...I was wondering if there is a "best time" to go? I know we all work, have kids, other commitments, etc., but if you could go anytime...first day of coupon, last day, morning when they first open, at night when they are closing up (maybe re-stocking for the am) ... when would you go?
I will be going Friday am, and plan to be at the door when they open.:yahoo:

I have found deals on each day of the week. I think that they are always unpacking boxes each day. I prefer to go in the morning when there is less people and I can talk to the SA. They tend to bring more items out from the back. I hate trying to get to bags when its crowded.

I'm not sure either, I'm fairly new to the outlet shopping. I think it may depend on the outlet and different people have different ideas about when is the best time to go. What could be helpful, though, is to call your local outlet ahead of time and ask when they get shipments, when they restock, etc. They might be able to tell you the best time to shop. For me, I'm just going to go when I can...the closest one to me is about 2.5 hours away (one way). Another thing you can do is call ahead and have them hold something for you until you can pick it up. I think they do 2-day holds and some even do 4-day holds. You'd have to know specifically what you want though, although the last time I did this I was tempted to say, "Oh just hold one of everything in every color for me please!" :lol:

I also wanted to add that if you're looking for something specific and you don't see it on the floor, ask if they have it in the back. The last time I was at the outlet, there was only one parchment Zoe on the floor and I snatched it up and other shoppers were asking where I got it. Anyway the one on the floor had some marks on it and I showed it to the SA and she brought out like 5 more for me to look at and choose from! So it's very possible that the other shoppers interested in it left without it because they didn't know they had it in the back. If they don't have it, you can give them your information and they're supposed to call you when they get it in.

For SPO, I would go early in the morning before noon or sometime sbefore closing on Thursday and Friday... I tend to go around outlet and come back after 2-3 PM just to check if they bring out something good.. They usually get a large shipment in to prepare for the weekend.. They tend to get clean out after the weekend.. so on Monday is usually dead and nothing good.. Saturday and Sunday are too busy..

Since I stalk my outlet enough, I would call and they would know it's me..

if i call and ask do they have certain things will they actually tell me?? I am looking for sabrinas or madison. I feel bad calling LOL. I dont wanna annoy them or something. does anyone know if the niagara falls in canada will hold stuff. i am thinking going tomorrow and staying overnite and than checking it out again on friday. or go friday and stay overnite and than check it out again on saturday LOL. Which do u think would be best.

melissy, I would call and ask when they put the new stuff up. I was at the outlet on a Wednesday, and overheard the SA saying that they put the new stuff out on Thursday (!)
So now I go at the end of the week. But I think they always put out new things.

If you have the number of the bag, they will look it up for you, I haven't had a problem with that. If you don't have the number then they may or may not be helpful, but you can always call back and talk to someone else.

I like to hit my outlet at opening on a Sat. I'm in, out, and done. I know what I'm looking for and I'll make a quick sweep through and then get moving!

I normally hit it during the week between 530-630pm when I get off work and it's just dead enough to get some SA help if I need it and get checked out and on my way home.

I happened to be off work yesterday and got to my outlet about 1pm. It was jam-packed. It was terrible. I expected there to be less people during the day than there are after work. Maybe it was the coupon.

Also, if you call, be prepared to give an item number and color. If you just say Madison, Parker, etc. a lot of the SA's don't actually know what they are.

At my outlet, Jackson,NJ, I really only go right when they open. Today I got there at 10:02 (they open at 10:00) and there were already at least 10 people in the store. I have always found the best deals right when they open ($9.99 scarves, $18 mini skinnys, $20 wristlets, etc). Also if theres only a few people in the store, you can get an SA to help you out for longer than usual. I've been to mine later than that and it just gets WAY too crowded. Like lines to get in and lines to pay! I want to see what everyone else says though.. I will be coming back to read this thread :smile:

I happened to be off work yesterday and got to my outlet about 1pm. It was jam-packed. It was terrible. I expected there to be less people during the day than there are after work. Maybe it was the coupon.

Also, if you call, be prepared to give an item number and color. If you just say Madison, Parker, etc. a lot of the SA's don't actually know what they are.

the one down here, Cypress TX, was packed around 1-2pm the other day too. i was very surprised since it was the middle of the week, middle of the day. the coupon might have had something to do with it here too.

i was wondering, are friday's around 11am a good time to go? i would think they would have stuff out for the weekend but it wouldn't be too busy yet. anybody know?

I try to go in the morning when they're not super busy. I went yesterday in the morning on the start day of the coupon and I went today too. Nothing new was put out between days. Then again my timing will change once school starts (I'm a teacher).

It depends which outlet I go to but the busier ones like SPO are always jam packed in the afternoon and the SAs can't even pay attention to you. Evening and morning are the best times probably