Is the Sukey a seasonal item?

May 27, 2008
I ask because I'm considering purchasing it because I really do love it from everyones pics but then after reading some more on this forum I realized that Gucci has a lot of sales. I originally used to buy LV and then strayed over to Coach only to buy several bags that would get marked down only a few short months later for less than half price. This really bothered me so I've gone back to LV but now I find myself straying over to Gucci but I'd like to try and avoid the same issue as with Coach.

I've read that classics don't go on sale only the Seasonal items do. If the Sukey is a classic then I'm definately getting it but if it's going to be half off come October I'd rather put my money towards a Classic.

If the Sukey isn't a Classic can someone suggest a Classic Gucci that might be similar to it? TIA for your help!:smile:

The Sukey just came out last season for the Spring/Summer line and was an instant hit. It did not go on sale after the season ended. They were actually sold out in many stores for awhile.

They have added new colors to the Sukey line for Fall/Winter and while I think some of the seasonal colors (metallic blue trim for example) may go on sale (if they don't sell out) the more classic colors will won't for awhile at least.

I think it's a great bag and you can't go wrong with it.

Echoing flipchick, the sukey is very popular so even if it is seasonal, they will most likely be gone by the time the Nov/Dec sales begin. When I purchased the sukey for my friend, there were only 2 left in the store (with the brown trim - the white trim was already sold out). My sister purchased one too so they ended up with only the display model left - btw, they received 5 of the brown trim sukeys two days prior. The medium non-guccissima sukey is at a great price point to get even without a sale ($750). It's still under $1K for a fairly large bag and it's a classic shape with a twist.

The metallic blue trim is really pretty...

Thanks a lot for your help both of you! :smile: I think I will get it! yay!

I'm not sure which colour though. The SA I talked to said they had several of the metallic blue instock but the white one wouldn't be in until Sept at least. What other new colours were introduced for the Fall/Winter line?

When they first came out - the beige/ebony fabric came with white guccissima trim (they are now plain leather not guccissima) and black guccissima trim.

In the US for Fall/Winter - the website says the medium has 5 variations (white, brown, black and metallic blue trim with beige/ebony fabric and brown guccissima). Large in 4 variations (beige/ebony with black or brown leather trim, black guccissima and dark brown python).

Also remember that some department stores will carry different variations from Gucci as well. I remember that last season Nordstrom had the dark chocolate brown guccissima version available but Gucci.com and the boutiques did not.

I don't know where you are but last time I was in Bond St they were sold out of one of the colour variations, and running low on others. It's very popular in London.

I echo what flipchickmc and GhsDreamer said. It's always nice to get a bag you wanted anyway in the sale but popular bags sometimes don't make it.

You could always check the website daily and if the one you want is 'unavailable' then grab one from elsewhere quick but in my experience people buy from the stores first so that might be disastrous.

i think the sukey is very cute, and like everyone is saying, it'll probably go out. plus, classic guccis do go on sale although rarely, i guess. i have some classics and they just hit the outlets or previous sale recently.