Is the monogram losing it's classic appeal? Or just an NYC attitude toward LV?

I'm not from NYC but I haven't heard anyone down on the Mono pattern around here. I think like another poster mentioned it might just be a case of sour grapes. The Mono pattern is one of my most favorite patterns from LV, and I agree,it looks great on the NF! If you are excited for this bag and it's the one you dreamed of, go for it, that is really the only thing that matters! You'll love it and wear it well and that's what people will see and most importantly, you'll know it's the real thing! Hope to see a reveal of your Mono NF soon;)

Why do people only focus on the LV fakes? There are fakes of Prada, Coach, Chanel etc being made and carried by people all of the time.

If you Love it ....enjoy it...don't let the nay sayers bring you down! Carry it with confidence!!

I am not from NYC, however, I have heard the same thing in Los Angeles & Palm Beach. Personally, I love the LV monogram and if you do too, then don't let other's deter you from purchasing your monogram bag.

I Love love the monogram logo in LV. No matter what anyone says...it's beautiful to me. Definitely everyone wants to copy it but the history of the logo will always live and retain its classic beauty.

Also, I'm from Miami where LV is something people have positive feelings about.

Last edited:
i know there are ppl out there who prefer not to have prints and logos, which is completely fine and their personal preference. however, there are also ppl who love the monogram and logos which is why it is LV's most popular style. everyone has different opinions you just have to wear what YOU love

I still am a fan of mono. I would purchase the mono NF if that is what you want.

I honestly think that the current U.S. economic situation is causing people to be negative about anything considered a luxury. Maybe because they can't afford luxuries right now? Maybe because they are depressed about their personal economic situation?

I think you should stop worrying what others think and just ROCK what you've got. If you LOVE it, it's all that should matter! A bag might be tacky for its design and shape but never because it is copied. It is copied so much because LV is one of the most sought-after bag. The LV pattern is only the most classic, timeless bag out there! Something that will never change~and never has. So you should all the more love your bag for the fact that you've got the real thing!

I still am a fan of mono. I would purchase the mono NF if that is what you want.

I honestly think that the current U.S. economic situation is causing people to be negative about anything considered a luxury. Maybe because they can't afford luxuries right now? Maybe because they are depressed about their personal economic situation?

Agree!

To be honest, I never have liked the classic mono. It just screams too much 'LVLVLLVLVLVLVL!!' to me. Lately I've been warming up a little to it though, I think I might get something small in mono soon :smile:

First, I've never understood why people are so caught up in the opinions of others. I don't buy things to please others; I buy them to please myself. If a few naysayers think monogram is tacky, so what? I love my mono pieces.
For what it's worth, the most common type of fake where I live is fake Chanel Cambon totes. Does it make hate the Cambon design? No. If I limited myself to only purchasing things that weren't faked, I wouldn't own anything. Just about everything you can imagine is counterfeited.

so many designs are knocked off......Im from NYC too and I havent heard that either..howver, we do live in a place that has a HUGE knock off market so thats probably where its coming from. Whatver makes you happy! I've been thinking about the NF too....