Is the MJ boutique in SF worth a visit?

mharvey816

Unreformed handbag addict
O.G.
Sep 13, 2005
I just found out I get to go to SF for a work conference in late Feb / early March next year. Naturally, I want to hit every good handbag store I can in the brief time I have to shop there. :yes:

I've never been to an MJ store before -- only seen/fondled/bought them in NM and Saks. Is the SF store worth a visit as part of my whirlwind tour?

Thanks in advance for your response!

Yes, it's definitely worth a visit, especially since it's right in Union Square where you will find all of the wonderful designer shops. You can easily hit Saks, Neimans, Bloomies, MJ, Chanel, Gucci, Vuitton, Bottega, etc., etc., etc, as they are located within about a 1/2 mile radius. Have fun!

Yes, the boutique is definitely worth a visit. If nothing else you can just gaze in wonder at their "wall of handbags". :drool: (all of the bags in the store are on one wall so it makes a perfect kind of coma-inducing eye candy experience). Also the employees are really nice and approachable. SF also has a new Marc by Marc Jacobs store in the Fillmore district, which is a really cute area to shop, walk around and have lunch or a drink. It's a short cab ride from the Union Square area.

ohhhhh..lucky you.
See if Joanne is still there. She has been amazing to ship me sample bags and let me choose out of a box of new bags each year. Love working with her. maggie