is the handel of the pochette accessories easy to break?

Divababy

O.G.
Nov 15, 2006
I went to LV Boutique today and got a pochette accessories in monogram, I love it very much. But the guy(shop assistent) said the handel of the bag is very easy to break, if I want to use it as a shoulder bag, it is highly recommended to use an extender. Was he just trying to sell one more item to me or he is right?:confused1:

Calling all the pochette owners!!:sos: :hysteric:

i think he was probably just trying for another sale. i love my pochette and have never had any problems with the strap
Same here, no problems at all & I've had it for quite a few years. I do use an extender on occaision, but it isn't a neccessity. Congratulations on your new bag.

From your photos, your arms look pretty slim-- you shouldn't need an extender, unless you want the pochette to hang a little lower. I agree with cherry pie--most likely he wanted you to buy something else to add to your total since the pochette accessories is not as pricey as other LVs.
I have four pochette accessories: monogram canvas, multicolor (black AND the white), and a cerises. I love them all, and have had no need for an extender. The pochette is so versatile-- I even use it as a cosmetics case inside some of my larger bags too!
So don't be afraid of that strap-- it is actually pretty nice leather, not too thin.

I haven't heard of any of the problems with the strap breaking. I have the extender and it adds about another 3.5" of length to the strap. I could fit the pochette on my shoulder without but it was much more comfortable with the extra length.

i used to have a pochette and sometimes the thread would come loose where the strap is connected to the ring. mine only did that though because i think i stuffed it too much and it was too heavy. i just brought it in to LV and my SA would repair it for free in like 5 minutes.

Unless you're carrying a brick inside your pochette, I think it's pretty sturdy.

I actually carry bricks often! :nuts:

hehe

anywho I wanted a pochette as well but was afraid of breaking the strap as it does seem so thin and not as sturdy as the straps on my cousin or on say the pap. So none of you who are owners have had problems with it?? Hmmm maybe now I can get one but I have to wait till Vegas in April as I think my next purchse is going to be a GUCCI bag & wallet.

No problems for me, either! My pochette's holding up rather well :yes:

I'm too cheap to buy an extender, but I can fit my pochette on my shoulder just fine. You should be fine too, since you seem very slender.