Is the fur print leather similar to saffiano?

deliakate

O.G.
Mar 5, 2009
I'm tempted by an alexa in fur print leather in oak. But wondering g about the print. It looks from pictures like the saffiano leather that M Kors and Prada use. I had some trouble with an orange M kors bag as the top coat seemed to come off with a knock and reveal black underneath - made worse by rubbing/cleaning.

I'm wondering whether anyone knows how the fur print is made ie, is the colour applied on top as in saffiano or does it go right through the thickness?

If I'm getting an alexa, I want to be able to sling it about!

I'm tempted by an alexa in fur print leather in oak. But wondering g about the print. It looks from pictures like the saffiano leather that M Kors and Prada use. I had some trouble with an orange M kors bag as the top coat seemed to come off with a knock and reveal black underneath - made worse by rubbing/cleaning.

I'm wondering whether anyone knows how the fur print is made ie, is the colour applied on top as in saffiano or does it go right through the thickness?

If I'm getting an alexa, I want to be able to sling it about!
Hi, also answered this on my thread about the fur print Alexa, but in case it helps to post on here as well...

The "print" seems to be a treatment that compresses (?) the leather and adds the texture. It's definitely thicker and more structured than soft buffalo, but a bit less so than polished buffalo.

Despite the treatment it looks and feels more 'natural' than the polished buffalo, and MUCH more natural than Saffiano leathers. I think it will soften and slouch gently, but not too much.

Note: this is my very non-technical explanation, and others will know much better than me!!

Hope this helps :smile: