Is the black les marais flap w/silver tanished hardware okay for 64 y.o. Mom? my

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I bought a couple of Chanel purses and can't return the black les marais flap with tarnished silver hardware so I thought I'd give it to my mom who is 64 years old. We bought her a classic medium black caviar flap with gold hardware for her 60th birthday. Do u think the les marais flap is too young? With the tarnish? Too much the same as classic?

2. I think its funky... my mom is around the same age and could totally rock it.

3. I think it would be great for her, not too young at all. It's quite different from the classic black colour so they won't look the same. When I am 64, hope someone gives me a bag like that!!

4. I'm creeping up to that decade and I don't think it's a dated piece. So here's another thumbs up. You know your mom best and what she wears, her likes and dislikes probably better than anyone.

5. I think it would be great on her! Actually, my mom just turned 62, and she loves the look of the les marais flap -and it's black, which is great for women of all ages. It's a gorgeous bag, and I'm sure she will love it. Let us know what happens! ;)

6. I sent her pictures of the bag and she seemed to like. I remain confused about the tarnished dirty Chanel hardware... Is is supposed to be rugged Chanel?