Is that just plain inflation ???

pinkpiano

Shopaholic
Oct 27, 2006
okay, so we all know that the dollar is weaker than ever, but today i was told (while researching for the remaining 2.55) that the estimate for a Chanel reissue coming in Jan will kick off at $3000 level at least ! Has the economy and the stock market been that great, or should we count that as a good indicator of inflation ???

does anything justify it ?

Probably not, but I love Chanel too much, that i guess it will just keep sucking $$$$ from my little pockets.

thanks for listening to my blah blah blah :yahoo:

That book (DELUXE: How luxury lost its luster) I read recently addresses most of this, less is probably about the value of the US dollar right now and more about the time old classic - greed. But they can use the US dollar value as a nice smoke screen.

Seems like the same song and dance the oil companies are doing...:graucho:

My first Chanel was already pushing the limits of my comfort level -- there's no way I could do 3K! :wtf: There are many other things I'd rather spend that money on.

gOod grief... and I told myself my next bag would be from the Chanel Boutique itself.. instead of ebay... My taste in handbags seem to rising in price.. and w/ being new to Chanel... I'm not sure if I could find the emotional means.. to feed this habit! :shocked:

That book (DELUXE: How luxury lost its luster) I read recently addresses most of this, less is probably about the value of the US dollar right now and more about the time old classic - greed. But they can use the US dollar value as a nice smoke screen.

Seems like the same song and dance the oil companies are doing...:graucho:

I just finished reading that book...I think everyone should read it...it really puts the luxury industry in perspective. I think it all has to do with greed.:tdown:

As long as they get away with it, they'll do it. And if you think of it, it makes sense, that's how the market works. :crybaby:
I am also being turned off by it. Looking more at LV lately. Has more and also beautiful bags that have reasonable prices for great quality also (not talking only about the coated canvas bags, but also the leather ones..)