Is my Speedy Empreinte Glazing melting?

iluvbags88

O.G.
Jul 29, 2013
IMG_9981.JPG IMG_9982.JPG IMG_9983.JPG IMG_9987.JPG
Hi,

I just took out my speedy emp galet which has been not used for couple months. I always store it in its dust bag in my bedroom. I then noticed these marks on the handle that look suscpicious. Is this normal or are these signs of the infamous melting issue. TIA

Last edited:
Omg i am so disappointed. The bag is still in perfect condition except for the glazing part. This is my 1st time with a melting issue. What are my options? I live 30 mins from the store. Are they going to give me a hard time?
TIA

Yes, yes it is. Take it back to LV and they'll be able to take care of it since it's a known issue - if it's confined to the strap then hopeully they'll just send it off for repairs and leave the bag with you

Ur the second person in 1 week that has posted about their speedy melting! LV should take care of u- carry ur receipt just in case they decide to give u store credit. I have a speedy too and I hope it never happens... I don't store it any longer in the dust bag as almost every meltdown I read about the op had it stored in the the dust bag. I wonder if it's just not breathing very well in the dust Bag?

Ur the second person in 1 week that has posted about their speedy melting! LV should take care of u- carry ur receipt just in case they decide to give u store credit. I have a speedy too and I hope it never happens... I don't store it any longer in the dust bag as almost every meltdown I read about the op had it stored in the the dust bag. I wonder if it's just not breathing very well in the dust Bag?

Meant to edit the post... I guess I hit the quote button!

The bag is stored in the dust bag as a sleeve and i open the flap for air and i stuff the bag with a towel.
So far i only see the melting part on the strap and very minor on one of the handles. Where else should i look? I am taking it Friday

Thanks

The bag is stored in the dust bag as a sleeve and i open the flap for air and i stuff the bag with a towel.
So far i only see the melting part on the strap and very minor on one of the handles. Where else should i look? I am taking it Friday

Thanks

Also look by where the straps attach (D ring attachment) and check the clouchette. There should be glazing there too. Best of luck!

Omg i am so disappointed. The bag is still in perfect condition except for the glazing part. This is my 1st time with a melting issue. What are my options? I live 30 mins from the store. Are they going to give me a hard time?
TIA
I was wondering what came of your bag. How was the repair? How long did it take? Were you happy with the repairs? I'm having the same issue with my Bleu Infini Empreinte Lumineuse. I was slow to realize there was a problem so this issue has ruined a sweater, pair of pants, a car seat, and left a mark on my bedroom wall. :cursing: I would appreciate any info. This issue has soured me on LV.

Oh no! Just take it to the store and don't forget your receipt. They will take care of it.

I went to the store for repair on both the speedy and the cerise cles.They cant fix the cles and offered me for refund of the purchase price or an exchange.
They told me they are still waiting on the parts for the speedy from Paris and have no clue when I will get it. So frustratingly long :sad:
More than a month has passed.
ImPatiently waiting.

I was wondering what came of your bag. How was the repair? How long did it take? Were you happy with the repairs? I'm having the same issue with my Bleu Infini Empreinte Lumineuse. I was slow to realize there was a problem so this issue has ruined a sweater, pair of pants, a car seat, and left a mark on my bedroom wall. :cursing: I would appreciate any info. This issue has soured me on LV.

Oh no! Just take it to the store and don't forget your receipt. They will take care of it.

I went to the store for repair on both the speedy and the cerise cles.They cant fix the cles and offered me for refund of the purchase price or an exchange.
They told me they are still waiting on the parts for the speedy from Paris and have no clue when I will get it. So frustratingly long :sad:
More than a month has passed.
ImPatiently waiting.
Thanks for the info. I didn't doubt they would fix it but my LV is 5 hours away. I want to know as much going into it as possible. If nothing else, this is a good excuse for a weekend getaway with a little shopping. :biggrin: