Is Marcasite and Gunmetal the same color??

crissy11

O.G.
Jun 23, 2009
I'm looking at the marcasite Kristin online, and it looks very similar to my Julia gunmetal hobo that I'm using today.

For anyone that has seen the marcasite in person - is it the the same color as gunmetal or is there enough of a difference to have both?

I was hoping the marcasite would have more of a bronze/brown hue.

What do you guys think??

I'm looking at the marcasite Kristin online, and it looks very similar to my Julia gunmetal hobo that I'm using today.

For anyone that has seen the marcasite in person - is it the the same color as gunmetal or is there enough of a difference to have both?

I was hoping the marcasite would have more of a bronze/brown hue.

What do you guys think??

Very big difference in the color! And yes, definitely enough difference to warrant having both! I do!!! LOL I have the gunmetal Alexandra and just received the marcasite Kristen pleated satchel yesterday. They are both gorgeous colors. The marcasite is more of a bronzy-brown. I call it an oil-rubbed bronze! Very, very pretty color, and definitely a neutral. You won't be disappointed!!

Very big difference in the color! And yes, definitely enough difference to warrant having both! I do!!! LOL I have the gunmetal Alexandra and just received the marcasite Kristen pleated satchel yesterday. They are both gorgeous colors. The marcasite is more of a bronzy-brown. I call it an oil-rubbed bronze! Very, very pretty color, and definitely a neutral. You won't be disappointed!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's exactly the color I was hoping it would be. I was considering the Java Kristin but held off "just in case" and now I'm glad I did. I think the marcasite is more down my alley. I hope my store gets it in so I can see it IRL.

Thanks for the clarifcation!! :yahoo:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's exactly the color I was hoping it would be. I was considering the Java Kristin but held off "just in case" and now I'm glad I did. I think the marcasite is more down my alley. I hope my store gets it in so I can see it IRL.

Thanks for the clarifcation!! :yahoo:

You are more than welcome!! It is a gorgeous color, and personally, I like it more than the Java. It is different than the gunmetal, different than the silver or gold, and different than the color of the studded Alexandra I have.