is it worth buying full price 1941?

Heda97

Apr 7, 2017
I have my eye on a few 1941 pieces but always scared to pay full price since they almost always end up going on sale a few months later. Earlier this year I had my eye on these pair of sneakers and was going to pay close to $300 for them, however, they went on sale. Which would have made me felt bad for paying full price. What are your feelings on the sale 1941 items? I think if coach does want to go upscale then they need to figure out the sale situation, since it is what brought the brands value down originally. I love love love coach, but if they want me to pay above a 1000 for their bags, then they shouldn't be going on sale a few months later. Dont get me wrong, I love sales. But this unpredictability is really annoying, I'm scared to buy anything regular price right now. I think they should just lower the price somewhat permanently and keep it there.

Reactions: Greenone
My understanding from the 1941 line is seasonal items or collaborations will go on sale if there is anything left by the time of the SAS, etc. But more mainstays or core items (like the Black Rogue) won't. Though of course that is not to say they might not go on sale eventually if/when they decide to revamp the line/discontinue the Rogues and there are some of those mainstays still hanging around.

I did buy an Olive Rogue at FP. But....then it did go on sale. Fortunately I was in the timeframe to still get a price adjustment, meaning I have yet to pay FP for 1941 or for ANY handbags for that matter. But, I obviously was prepared to pay FP for something I really wanted.

I feel like my collection is quite "solid" now, so I don't foresee feeling inclined to pay FP for anything as there is no real need to fill a hole in my collection. But never say never! I suppose if it was something I really wanted, and did not want to run risk of it selling out (like a limited edition collection) or dealing with resellers then I could see paying FP.

I do see your point though. If I paid full price for something and then it went on sale for $100 or so less a few months later, I probably would not feel too bad. I would have had "use" of the item during that time which might be worth it for me. But, it is hard to see something go to 50% (or more) off at any time, and especially so within weeks. I was lucky I could get the price adjustment on the Olive Rogue, and some other items I bought in SAS. My price adjustments amounted to almost $900 CAD! I would have been quite upset if I had not been in the window to get those. I was irritated recently when I missed a price adjustment window at Kate Spade by a day - I could have saved $50 USD!

I have my eye on a few 1941 pieces but always scared to pay full price since they almost always end up going on sale a few months later. Earlier this year I had my eye on these pair of sneakers and was going to pay close to $300 for them, however, they went on sale. Which would have made me felt bad for paying full price. What are your feelings on the sale 1941 items? I think if coach does want to go upscale then they need to figure out the sale situation, since it is what brought the brands value down originally. I love love love coach, but if they want me to pay above a 1000 for their bags, then they shouldn't be going on sale a few months later. Dont get me wrong, I love sales. But this unpredictability is really annoying, I'm scared to buy anything regular price right now. I think they should just lower the price somewhat permanently and keep it there.
I know, I really want a Bandit, but am not sure if I should wait for a future PCE or get it at full price.

Reactions: PurseUOut
Despite being in love with the rogues, I feel that the prices are pretty steep. I like to buy and sell on Ebay and sites like Tradesy, and I've scored some great bags on there. I got my first rogue (the original medium size) for $500 + shipping and it was new with tags. I just ordered my second (a 25, lightly used, great condition) for $350 + shipping. I've had my eye on this one since I bought the first, so I've been looking out for one from a reseller. I couldn't imagine paying more or full price for a 25 when I got such a great deal on the bigger version. Can't wait for it to get here!
ETA Since I don't really shop in the boutiques, I don't know any reps wo

Reactions: Heda97
I know, I really want a Bandit, but am not sure if I should wait for a future PCE or get it at full price.
According to the SA at my boutique, the Bandits are not selling well, which means that they will probably be included in a future PCE, the next SAS, or hit the Outlets. If I were you, I think that I would wait on this bag, since they're not flying off the shelf. (If you can't wait, then that's another story)!

As others have said, it depends on what you're looking to buy. Personally, I very rarely pay full price for anything - including clothes, accessories and shoes - of any brand. When I go into a store I go straight ahead to their sale section (online and in person), unless I want to see something from their new collection. You'd think that I don't have classic pieces or end up with stuff nobody wanted but I most of my wardrobe is full of classics and really nice pieces I know I'll wear for many years to come. If I bought anything full price my wardrobe would be less than 1/3 as full. Sure some amazing items have passed me by because they never went on sale or sold out before they could - but I don't dwell on that. The only time I'd buy anything full price is if I really really want it and I know with some certainty that they will sell out before a sale can happen (such as Rexy charms in certain colors last year). Clear exceptions are cosmetics and perfume (although come to think of it I've used a % off sale for many of those too haha).

If you can't live without it, and it's a classic in color and style then you might have to pay full price. Otherwise, you might be better off waiting. A rule not necessarily exclusive to Coach.

According to the SA at my boutique, the Bandits are not selling well, which means that they will probably be included in a future PCE, the next SAS, or hit the Outlets. If I were you, I think that I would wait on this bag, since they're not flying off the shelf. (If you can't wait, then that's another story)!
Thanks so much for the tip! I was out looking at the bag again today; I notice a lot of high end department stores are selling them so lots of opportunities for sales. Fingers crossed there will be a PCE soon or maybe I can catch one at a holiday sale! Lord knows I don't need it right now, but today was further evidence that the bag is still a must have for me at some point. :smile:

I hate to say this, but somehow I'm not really surprised the Bandit is not selling well. The quality is phenomenal, and the little pouch in the center is an ingenious idea. However, the bag is quite heavy, and the straps rather substantial (which is a good thing, but tends to get in the way when used); given that the pouch is removable, stuff can also slide under, or in between compartments, which is a no-go for me. Otherwise, I would love to get it just to hold that smooshy leather! The smell was quite wonderful.