is it very hard to get a Rolex SS Daytona in the US ?

the current MSRP is over $10k

I have one :smile:
Yep I have one as well, its one of my fav watches. In the US you should be able to get one fairly quick, not so the case in the UK unless you get one from a reseller. Bentley, it depends on if you like large faces. I like the bulk of it and it is much smaller than a panerai.

Thanks Ceya and Sammyjoe.

Sammyjoe: I do like larger faces, but I'm not sure if this would be too large. The largest face I have is a ladies Cartier Roadster which is 36mm I believe. I am going to have to try the Daytona on because I really love the style.

Does the Daytona not come in ladies sizes or is it just 1 size for this model?

My brother was looking for one last week and was told at three different Rolex dealers that the waiting list was 5 years long! I was able to get one for him immediately from an authorized Rolex dealer. He got it overnighted to him the next day and absolutely loves it. I just couldn't believe people nowadays are waiting five years for anything any more!

Last edited:
While I was on vacation last week in Hawaii I tried finding a Daytona SS at an AD. I did not find one but they had quite a few YG and PG. My DH has one but I would like to have my own for everyday use. I love the look of the SS Daytona on a womans wrist. Feminine, sporty yet elegant.

^ Not sure if you're interested but Gearys of Beverly Hills on Rodeo had the white face SS Daytona in stock less than 10 days ago.

They aren't difficult to find here at ADs. :smile:

I've had my name on a list for just over a year, they are very hard to get in the UK but if your willing to pay more than the retail price you can get one from a secondhand watch dealer but I've not long got a datejust so I don't mind waiting, hopefully I Wont have to wait five years as I'd hate to think what the retail price would be then as Rolex do like to put there prices up, I had a yachtmaster that went up £2,000 in just over two years, there price increases are ridiculous & theyve just gone up again in the UK, I don't think Rolex are aware there is a recession going on lol

I'm from the uk and im from glasgow and out of the 3 AD'S next to me, two of them have both ss daytonas in stock and the other says if i pay now ill have it for end of month.designerdiva40 if you want one now you should call a few AD'S in your area and i would be very surprised if you dont get one right away.If you had done this just last week you would of got in there before the price increase.