Is it true the Fendi Spy Bag is over???

dceneus

O.G.
Jan 5, 2006
For some reason I thought that the Spy bag was on its way to becoming a classic, Fendi's mascot bag. But I have been reading littel comments through out the forum that it is a trendy bag and will go out of style soom. Is this true???? I just would like to get people's opinion on this.

SwankyMamaof3 said:
I personally think it's a trendy bag, not classic.
But I am probably biased as I don't really care for the bag.

Same. Although actually I'm a trendy bag *victim* (love them) but I just don't care for the Spy.

I thought the bag was "blah" when I first saw pics of it. Did not understand what the hype was about this bag. Until the 2nd season when I saw it IRL on someone. It looked heaps better IRL, on someone's arms/shoulders, with stuff in the bag to hold it down somewhat and when the leather has aged and soften.

If "over" means that the bag is currently experiencing lesser hype than its 1st debut, than "yes" it could be "over". But if "over" means that there is lesser demand and/or lesser popularity, then the current (still) high demand and limited supplies of the bags, especially in certain regions/countries, may be evidence to counter the perceived "over"ness. :smile:

I do agree that the spy is not a classic shape, but although it is trendy that is what makes it unique. The shape and the little secret compartments sets it apart from the other bags. I think this style will be a classic in the sense that the design was very unique and innovative. The Chanel 2.55 was the first to introduce long straps, the Fendi Spy was the first to introduce hidden compartments.

asl_bebes said:
I do agree that the spy is not a classic shape, but although it is trendy that is what makes it unique. The shape and the little secret compartments sets it apart from the other bags. I think this style will be a classic in the sense that the design was very unique and innovative. The Chanel 2.55 was the first to introduce long straps, the Fendi Spy was the first to introduce hidden compartments.

I agree.

I honestly think that it's in the eye of the beholder. This bag may be classic to some. I agree that it's a unique shape and is very innovative with the hidden compartments.

It's not the HYPE right now, but is still beautiful nonetheless!