?Is it too late for toile-season related

lizhanover

Sep 4, 2006
This question is brought on by seeing the NYT picture of woman with Kelly in toile and ? in thread about courthouse steps. If you live north of say South Carolina and East of say Texas when is the end date for wearing a Toile bag? Also if you live in Calif. or Fla. does one only carry summery bags year round?

I live in California and do not carry my toile/chamonix Trim in the Fall/Winter. In fact, I put it away last week for a long sleep. I am of the mindset that toile is for summer. Even though we could have a 90 degree day in Jan., I wouln't wear it.

This question is brought on by seeing the NYT picture of woman with Kelly in toile and ? in thread about courthouse steps. If you live north of say South Carolina and East of say Texas when is the end date for wearing a Toile bag? Also if you live in Calif. or Fla. does one only carry summery bags year round?

I'm in South Florida and carry my leather bags around in the fall :yes:

I'm originally from NY, so maybe it's the NY in me or something (!) but I store my toile herbag bottom in the fall/winter months even though it's still 90+ degrees here!!!

Lisa

Thanks - that's what I thought - the rule isn't quite the same as white but I thought it was a little late to be carrying a toile kelly in the newspaper story on court house steps - it's almost Oct. 1. I put mine away also but I find the black herbag bottom good for fall.

Slightly OT, but my SA told me there will be new Toile combos available for next year so if you're a Toile fan you may want to check w/your store about those. :flowers: