is it too flashy/tacky for a 25yr old to wear a rolex?

I am 25 and recently bought my first Rolex. I don't think it's at all tacky or flashy! I know that a lot of people both younger and older then 25 that have nice watches, as well as have designer handbags. As others have pointed out, it was a very nice gift from your father so if you do feel at all uncomfortable(which I don't think you should..) just remind yourself it was a gift with sentimental value. If you are the kind of person who doesn't like to wear expensive designer items, maybe you would prefer to just wear it on special occasions? If I were you though, I woudl wear it all the time with pride!

actually i've had the watch for over 4yrs now, and wore it maybe 20 times. i know it's a shame. i wear the rolex around the house in my pjs....and to the grocery store...haha..the really funny thing is that the rolex is my only watch, beside my nike watch, which i use while working out. i was thinking of getting a michele ss. 36 csx.no diam. watch to wear to interviews, and work related functions. i think i have to.

my style is theory, chip/pepper jeans, jcrew, laundry, botkier, kooba, lv epi only, mj, cole haan coats, you get the idea. nothing too fancy. just simple, well made items.

Not at all!! I started wearing mine when i was just 13 really. but i only wore the regular stainless oyster perpetual. Now i'm 23 and wearing wg yatch master. I'd so love to wear something more masculin and cool looking....like an explorer2 maybe, I think it's really cool looking and edgy so i'd say go for it!! :smile:

for me ,in my country ( all the Gulf ) it soo normal to see young girls age 23+ wear fancy watches ... Reach girls will have brand watches on like cartier or rolex other girls will have less cheaper brands but also Fancy ( can be with dimonds and gold ) ..

Enyoj your watch ...

You are a grown woman. Wear that watch in good health. Think back to advertisements for Rolex. How old are the models in those ads? You are definitely old enough. Enjoy your watch.
I thought about purchasing a Rolex when I was 25, but I chose a different maker. I had no doubts about what I wanted and what would work for me...You deserve that confidence too.

no way!!! wear it. I have my dads old two tone GMT and i get asked at work to sell it because its a collection piece. Its worth more than a new one. SO i wear it with pride. and im 26

i got my first earlier this year and i'm 22 turning 23. i understand what you say about being uncomfortable wearing it at work because i feel that way sometimes and i work in an environment where many people have name brand things. i've even received comments from coworkers saying that i'm high-maintenance because of what i wear, even though it is MY money that i spend.

but on the other hand, you should be able to wear what you like. i don't think there is any reason that you shouldn't wear your watch if you love it. if it really makes you uncomfortable, then wear it on nights out with friends.