Is it safe?

So I was making an offer for a Chanel bag on eBay that is really close to the original price. The seller said no problem if we could avoid the eBay fee. Is it safe to just make a transfer through paypal without going through eBay? What if I transfer the money and he won't send me the bag? And this seller is from Italy and I'm from usa

If u skip ebay ask if u could do an invoice through PayPal. The commission fee taken from the seller will be 3 percent which is less than ebay. Hope this helps because PayPal has buyer protection so you are safe

Don't do it. You'll lose eBay protection, not to mention the ethical considerations - you found the bag through exposure the site, and now you and the seller are trying to avoid paying the fees. It's your decision, of course, but if you post this in the eBay forum I think they'll say the same thing. :smile: GL!

So I was making an offer for a Chanel bag on eBay that is really close to the original price. The seller said no problem if we could avoid the eBay fee. Is it safe to just make a transfer through paypal without going through eBay? What if I transfer the money and he won't send me the bag? And this seller is from Italy and I'm from usa

OP, have you checked out the authenticity of the bag you're interested in? I would be very weary, as many of the sellers from Italy selling Chanel bags use stock images, or repeatedly use the same images of the same bag over and over again. I'm just speaking from experience as I also browse eBay regularly for Chanel items. :smile:

Then again, your seller might be the real deal. Though they really should not be suggesting that you take the transaction off eBay (something that can get you both booted off eBay).

Within this day and age, anything can be faked! I've seen scary listings that even have EFTPOS receipts attached that I wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole! LOL

Again, you could try asking the ladies on the authenticate this Chanel thread and get their expert opinion. Also take into consideration whether the seller has a long-history of selling Chanel bags on eBay. Look into their past sales history and feedback. That can often give you vital clues about their trustworthiness.

Don't do it!!!!! If it's close to retail, go to a boutique or dept store and get the real deal!!!! I have gotten scammed on ebay before.....Again I say... Don't Do It!!!!!

I'd avoid this, especially since the seller brought it up. However, I have done this once. But the seller and I are in the same country, I was getting a deal and she is well known in the tpf Hermes forum. Still a bit nerve racking.

I wish I can find this in store. It's a black woc, it sold out everywhere in us and the waiting list is so long. And they're not guarantee to get more :sad:

I know Hirsch was offering it in black lamb for Spring. I've never had to go on a wait list for black flaps. I just called around. Dept stores likes Saks will search in their national database if you find an SA who's willing to do that.

I would avoid this transaction ASAP. There are many fake bags in Italy (one of my favorite countries :smile:), and if you buy it outside of ebay, you will loose your protection IMO.

No. Red flags all over this one. International transaction he wants to do it off of eBay (which is a violation of the rules PLUS you won't have any buyer protection). Lily is right, anything can be forged. I'd pass.