is it normal?5days...still no update for usps international mail

Don't worry about it. USPS usually only scans packages at point of acceptance and delivery so there are often significant gaps like this. Especially with international packages where there can be holdups with customs and the like. I'd give it the same amount of time as you would normally expect for a package shipping to you from that address, then at least a few more days before taking the time to check with your PO.

Even though their tracking is terrible, I've had an internet business for almost a decade shipping through the USPS, and they actually do a great job with getting packages to their final destination - even overseas where we ship about 20% of our packages.

Remember, the seller has absolutely no control after they carefully pack and address a package and drop it off at the post office. For international packages, the delay is almost 100% of the time customs. Try your best to be patient and give the seller the benefit of the doubt until you have a real reason to think that any delay was their fault. It sounds like they did deliver it to the post office promptly. Hopefully your package will be arriving safely any day now.

I've shipped 2 bags to Singapore and Indonesia, and it's been over 10 days and I still didn't get any update. one package says accepted and the other one says int'l dispatch. i mean reading this makes me feel a little relieved and have hope that my packages are not lost. but i was really worried bc my buyers are still waiting and wondering what happened.

Don't worry about it. USPS usually only scans packages at point of acceptance and delivery so there are often significant gaps like this. Especially with international packages where there can be holdups with customs and the like. I'd give it the same amount of time as you would normally expect for a package shipping to you from that address, then at least a few more days before taking the time to check with your PO.

Even though their tracking is terrible, I've had an internet business for almost a decade shipping through the USPS, and they actually do a great job with getting packages to their final destination - even overseas where we ship about 20% of our packages.

Remember, the seller has absolutely no control after they carefully pack and address a package and drop it off at the post office. For international packages, the delay is almost 100% of the time customs. Try your best to be patient and give the seller the benefit of the doubt until you have a real reason to think that any delay was their fault. It sounds like they did deliver it to the post office promptly. Hopefully your package will be arriving safely any day now.

:goodpost:

My shipment to Canada is all messed up. I stopped by to post office this morning and they showed me their internal print out tracking which says JAPAN as the destination and shipping date as July 2 :sad: I shipped mine on Aug 6 to Canada. I don't know what's going on, they just gave me a number to call

I've shipped 2 bags to Singapore and Indonesia, and it's been over 10 days and I still didn't get any update. one package says accepted and the other one says int'l dispatch. i mean reading this makes me feel a little relieved and have hope that my packages are not lost. but i was really worried bc my buyers are still waiting and wondering what happened.

Did u use express?

My shipment to Canada is all messed up. I stopped by to post office this morning and they showed me their internal print out tracking which says JAPAN as the destination and shipping date as July 2 :sad: I shipped mine on Aug 6 to Canada. I don't know what's going on, they just gave me a number to call

Wow! That's exciting going to Japan instead of Canada. Hope it turns up. I just emailed my seller to tell her that nothing had changed yet. I now have to brave Japan Post to see if it has entered the customs system. Even so, if it had, I would hope that USPS would update. Japan Post updates very regularly.

BabyK Hi K, I think it's going to be okay no need to worry just yet :smile: Anyway I was wondering if there's anything to do with the recent news that said the USPS is so struggling financially right now? They lost a lot of money in the last few years, and now have plans to cut delivery to 5 days a week and close down some POs. Could that have caused the delays in the mails? Here's the link:

http://www.kansascity.com/666/story/1387404.html?storylink=omni_popular

bump

any news about the package?
i am having exactly the same situation right now!
i mailed international express mail to china on 9/22/2009 and the tracking still "accepted" and my family has not received the package as guaranteed on 9/28/2009. Now i don't know where the package is

I used express.
Still no update info.
I have already opened an investigation.