Is it necessary to match all your accessories with your bag??

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Guest,
    If you've been around here for a while, you may know that @Vlad and I love a good April Fools' Day joke that we try to pull off yearly. Many times, our members forget and we get them, one time making everyone turn into Vlad, another year with a garishly awful new design, and another year no matter what button you pressed we alerted you that you requested your account terminated. It's always brought us such joy to have fun with you all, especially when we try to pull off a forum wide joke one day a year.

Continue reading...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I don't think it's ever a "necessity" to match. Heh...if I was like that, I'm sure that I would have a huge hole in my wallet with smoke rising above it! I prefer to have things that "go with" rather than match, although I do have 2 matchy-matchy pieces.

2. As long as you like your accessories, I don't think it matters.

3. It is not a necessity for everything to match but it sure is fun. The majority of my bags are black or brown (execpt for my turquoise ergo tote, and yes I have the matching wallet)so I can get away with just owning a couple of brown and black wallets. For example I have the brown signature legacy envelope wallet that matches my legacy shoulder bag but that same wallet also goes with some of my other bags. I also have a black leather ergo and I carry my black mini signature compact clutch with it.

4. I don't think so, I have yet to match anything,however, I love the way it looks and how other people do it especially on here it is so beautiful... I don't think it really matters though.

5. No, I don't match all my accessories to my bags... to me, its not what your carrying on the inside of the bag, but rather the outside, IMO

6. I usually get wallets that compliment my bags; they aren't necessarily matchy matchy. Fossil wallets are pretty cheap and I love their patchworks, and I've found some pretty good ones that coordinate!

7. yeah i do that same thing with a black wallet i hate changing wallets with all the cards and other things its just annoying so i go with a black leather wallet . it doesnt bother me if it doesnt match exactly i highly doubt your cashier will turn around to the other one and say omg her wallet does not match her bag lol

8. I tend to get accessories that do match as I have that quirk that I feel better when things match (color wise more than style matchy).

9. I hate matchy matchy stuff LOL I'm so weird. Like it's "too much", I do like having complimentary accessories, if that makes any sense.

10. I'd love to match all the time, but I just can't afford it. I even made a cardinal sin and carried a black sig wallet in a brown leather bag! ;) My problem is, I don't carry one purse long enough to justify buying a matching wallet/wristlet every time.

11. I don't think its necessary but I do like to if I can. I like to have the bag and wallet to at least coordinate. I won't use a brown wallet with a black bag. I would use my teal or red or black or my new berry. Same if I were using my brown bag. If I use a color bag then it needs to be a complementing color wallet. I actually just got the hamptons carryall in berry and the matching wallet in berry. I can use the wallet in all bags and the bag I will use a black or brown wallet if I'm not using the matching berry wallet. Does that make sense?

12. Not necessary at all. Some girls like to match, some don't. To each her own. :tup:

13. yup, just do what you like! :yes: some of us are absolutely matchy, and people enjoy sharing our excitement and pics, but it doesn't mean it's a necessity to do the same thing. :nogood: