Is Ebay store worth opening?

fantastic_3

Feb 10, 2007
Ebay business has been extremely slow the last year but I read somewhere that opening a ebay store reduces listing fees??? Is that so?

I have so much inventory from several years ago when business as amazing. This year alone I probably sold as much as I did in 1 week when I first started. So sad!

I'm just wondering what is the best way and the least expensive method of trying to get rid of my inventories. Should I just keep listing every week, ebay store or try other ways.

Any help is appreciated. TIA!

The ONLY fees that are cheaper are when you list an item within your store inventory, NOT a regular listed auction/fixed priced. BUT, then you don't want to ONLY list through your store inventory because it significantly reduces the search with a store inventory item, thus making it not searchable. You always want to have a few regular auction/fixed priced listings so the buyer/bidder can peruse your store by clicking on your store within your auction.

Otherwise, if you listed ONLY in your store inventory, you wouldn't have anybody going to your auctions. It's confusing, but that's how it is.

For example, when I list a $12.99 item, with various quantity for 30 days in my store inventory, it only costs me 3¢ listing fee. However, when I list through an auction or fixed priced listing, the same thing, for 7 days but 1 quantity costs me 55¢. Mainly because it's searchable.

IMO, the advantage of having a store is if you have many listings that you need to sell, like in my store, there are over 200+ listings. It's easier to maintain and manage. You can send out invoices easily, notifications, etc.

I guess you just have to research the options to see what works best for your needs.

Starting in September, ebay is moving to a new fee structure. Fixed price listings are only going to be 35 cents, can last as long as 30 days and you can include multiple items! Whoo Hoo! If you offer free shipping, you'll get better placement in searches.

I have a store right now (because of lower listing fees) and I asked why I would want to keep it after these new rates go into effect. My stores rep said that having a store lets you "categorize" your items. If you don't have a store and sell hundreds of items then people have to go through each page of your listings. With a store they can just click on a category link for the brand they are interested in.