Is canvas being discontinued??

Not true about resale value in leather. Go to fashionphile and look up “Coussin”. Most pre-owned pieces are at or well above retail.

It is true historically about LV leather in the secondary market. The example you mention is for a current bag, an exception owing to limited stock in stores. But vast depreciation is the story for other LV leathers that start out with stiff retail prices, whether Suhali, Empreinte, Epi, Taiga, or the luxe smooth calfskin bags. This doesn't mean "nobody wants their leather," because many do, but canvas traditionally has held its value at much higher percentage relative to original retail price.

To topic, the disappearance of canvas is old rumor despite bubbling up periodically. A foolish thing to expect.

Canvas isn’t going anywhere. With that said, leather is getting more popular by many LV clients, especially millennial and younger. There is a growing consensus by many that canvas is a dime a dozen and getting tired. Some people want something different. No right or wrong answers.

Reactions: MooMooVT and Loriad
I just came back from going to the Denver LV yesterday, and I noticed there was hardly any monogram canvas pieces displayed, except for luggage items and small slgs. Otherwise, that's about it. The rest was all leather. Keep in mind, Denver is a fairly small store, but I was disappointed not to see any canvas handbags displayed.

Reactions: MooMooVT and Loriad
I just came back from going to the Denver LV yesterday, and I noticed there was hardly any monogram canvas pieces displayed, except for luggage items and small slgs. Otherwise, that's about it. The rest was all leather. Keep in mind, Denver is a fairly small store, but I was disappointed not to see any canvas handbags displayed.
I've noticed this in my boutique too. Leather on display and canvas in the drawers.

I was going to say that as well. They sometimes have the canvas hidden away and you need to ask for it.
Makes sense. The SA next to me was helping a woman and he whipped out a monogram NF, so I guess you're right. I didn't see it on display anywhere in the store, so he must have grabbed it from a drawer or from the back.

Reactions: Loriad
Makes sense. The SA next to me was helping a woman and he whipped out a monogram NF, so I guess you're right. I didn't see it on display anywhere in the store, so he must have grabbed it from a drawer or from the back.
Correct. I was at a boutique with my cousin and she wanted a Neverfull. I said ask, just in case it's hidden away. Sure enough they had it, but they were pushing the empreinte items.

If LV is going to push their leather bags they had better fix their glazing issues. I am having to return a soft lock it because the glazing literally melted on a hot day last summer. It was running down inside my bag and got over many items inside including a Hermes wallet and pouch. The LV glazing has been an issue forever. I had the glazing on a Suhali chip away after very few use ages. This bag cost me five and a half K and was hardly used. Now I am faced with driving to another city to pick out an exchange bag as the soft lock it is discontinued.

I notice the same. In the boutiques here they hardly have any canvas on display and very much try to push empreinte and other leathers. Although I have some leather items (LV Vavin Pm in empreinte and wallet) I first fell in love with the brand because of their canvas line back in the 2000’s. The classics like the speedy, key pouch, desk agenda cover and stuff I love in canvas and my leather bags are mostly Chanel and Hermes. I hope they keep the canvas line, else I am not sure I will be shopping there anymore.

Thanks, did your SA mention whether it was an intentional shortage (to increase exclusivity)?. I am curious as to why there would be a shortage of canvas but not leather unless intentional.
I imagine it's because of the price point. LV's leather bags are so much more expensive than the regular canvas. Besides, canvas is classic and just iconic. I'm sure it's a lot more popular than their leather bags.

Reactions: MooMooVT
Thats wild! I love LV because of its canvas. Its what got me into Designer in the first place. And because its durable and light weight... And as of lately I really enjoy wearing Canvas again. However for Leather I'll stick with Hermes, even though their prices are very high the quality matches.

Anyway, hopefully they will not discontinue Canvas. :rolleyes:

Actually I love Lv new leather bags ! The coussin is my favorite ! Empreinte is to me a classic I’m so happy Lv is pushing more leather . I also love my canvas DE for rainy days and monogram but I find them so common that now I’m really not loving it as much ! I’ll always be a DE girl but most of my new bags have been leather pieces and I love the new trend ! I don’t think cam is will ever be gone .. canvas is alway needed !