Is canvas being discontinued??

When they release details like this for $3000+...
louis-vuitton-twist-one-handle-pm-taurillon-leather-handbags--M57584_PM1_Closeup%20view.png
louis-vuitton-capucines-compact-wallet-capucines-wallets-and-small-leather-goods--M62156_PM1_Closeup%20view.png

They had truly luxurious leathers in the past. The original soft Mahina, the original Empreinte, and of course the Rolls-Royce of cowhide: Nomade (which is the LV version of what others — like Hermès — call Barenia). Those were all lux leathers. But they were delicate. Very delicate.
I don't know if their new wave of customers expected canvas-like durability from leather or they were simply coming from Micheal Kors and expected the same "leatherness", but Vuitton gave in and sacrificed haute maroquinerie for a false sense of durability. Their $4000 bags simply don't feel $4000.
Is the Mahina leather different from initial release!?

Personally I am glad LV offering some finer leather porducts. Canvas bags aren’t going away. But I am so turn off of seeing them charge for 2-3k with not much luxury refinement.

Their leather lines they offer seem on par with other major brands. I love their Epi leather even though it not that special fine leather.

Reactions: Aliluvlv and BULL
Agree. I would maybe buy one leather bag from LV but would also buy from other brands (and in fact I just did buy my first YSL leather bag which I love). In contrast to LV's canvas bags, which are unique to LV and somewhat addictive (at least for me). I just don't get this marketing strategy. I have no desire to go to an LV store for a while now, which I guess is good for my pocketbook.

Yes, I completely get you. Have you guys seen this by any chance? I really like her and it is very fascinating. She has a few of these videos on her channel.

I asked this question of the online LV SA about a week ago and I'll tell you, it was an eye-opener on a few levels. The canvas items are available BUT they won't tell you where. They don't want to send items so they're pushing for in-store appointments. But if they don't have the items, why am I going to the store? In any event, I did and the canvas items that are sold out online and not in stock in stores are being sent to me via the SA in the store. I also didn't see many canvas items but they were in drawers (this happend back in 1997 when I purchased my Speedy 40; folded up in a drawer with all the other Speedys). I get the impression they want buyers to focus on the leather (more expensive so more profit for LV) so keeping the canvas out of sight is simply a sales ploy. I believe, as Bull stated, this is ALL a sales ploy to simply make LV more money. It stinks if you don't or can't get to a store (my nearest one in FLorida is about an hour away) but with little to no customer service in the department store and LV stores NOT taking any orders via phone call...you're kinda stuck. Others have mentioned (in other threads) that buyers are purchasing items because it's "all they have and I want to buy something"; I witnessed that while in the store (which is appointment only for some reason- other LV stores in Florida are open without an appointment). That's a mind-set I don't embrace. Last, online prefers you have it sent to the store vs sending it to your home. They say it's for security but what floored me is that if you choose to have it sent to you and the bag is lost, it's on YOU and not LV. LV takes no responsibility for any issues with the bag if it isn't sent to the store for pick-up. So, I'll be returning to LV to pick my items up in a week or so. Pain in the tush but there it is.

Did you ask if they have canvas bags? I have noticed in the last three years they are phasing out displaying the classic canvas bags but have plenty in the drawers. I've bought a few in the last couple years and had to ask for them as none were on display. Just a thought:smile:
Yes, I did ask. The only one they had was the onthego gm and a neverfull mm in azur. It was so strange.