Is cabas tote too big for my fram?

christy555

O.G.
Oct 22, 2009
Hi, girls, I saw Celine cabas on sale at Harvey Nics today, can't believe they were on sale, and only 3 left, so I bought it.

I'm only 5'1, do you think it's a bit big on me? It looks better if I wear it over my shoulder rather than carrying it on my arm. Not sure if I should keep it or not.

Attachments

• image-1273522394.jpg
    image-1273522394.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 1,076
IMHO, yes, it does look big on you, since you are so petite. I would get something from Celine because you love it, not because it's what's available.

Anyway, if you love it, then enjoy! If you have reservations, then return.

Hmm, I have one that doesn't seem as big as yours, OP, though it is a vertical cabas at 16"x12"(wide). I'm just wondering whether you have a larger size or whether or not your piece will "break in" eventually and look less ginormous on you.

Still, if you are used to bid bags and love this one, then I say keep it. If, however, you don't like big bags and won't use it, then please return it and use your money on something you won't be able to keep your hands off of. :smile: Good luck.

Thanks for all your comments, I do like big bags, I've got bal work and proenza 'keep it all' but those two are more horizontal than vertical. I like the fact that this bag is very light, and the soft leather, I prob will use it more for travel than everyday use.

Thanks for all your comments, I do like big bags, I've got bal work and proenza 'keep it all' but those two are more horizontal than vertical. I like the fact that this bag is very light, and the soft leather, I prob will use it more for travel than everyday use.

It might look better if you can shoulder it? I won't recommend the Cabas as a heavy duty travel option as it can't really hold too heavy.

Did you try on the Phantom Cabas? It might be a better oversized look as it wider.

It might look better if you can shoulder it? I won't recommend the Cabas as a heavy duty travel option as it can't really hold too heavy.

Did you try on the Phantom Cabas? It might be a better oversized look as it wider.

yeah, you are right, I think I'd wear it over my shoulder most of the time, and it actually sits comfortably on my shoulder. Phantom cabas is huge on me, it looks like the bag is wearing me:biggrin:

IMHO, it does look way too big for you... I really think that if you like it, go for it, use it in good health, but I would really like to advise you that in the future, never buy a bag without thinking over it and the fact that it was on sale, and there were a limited number of them, don't let the SA or the sale itself talk you into buying anything, as you are not buying a pair of shoes from Walmart, or anything, this is a lot of money for a minimalistic designed bag. I hope you don't get offended with what I wrote above, but then again that is my honest opinion... Congrats on the purchase! :smile: :smile: