Is black nail polish still in for spring/summer?

diam0ndgrrl

May 11, 2006
I live in Miami, not one of the best places to wear all the cool winter styles, but everyone here wore black/dark burgandy nail polish this past winter (including me).

Since about feb, I switched to the pinks and orange colors, but I still miss having dark dark nails. I recently saw LiLo with it on, and she's in LA/New York. Do you think it's still ok to wear here?

I don't like her black nail polish. I would consider it during the winter months (never black but very dark red, or very dark brown). Plus her nails are always so disgustingly chipped with that black nail polish. I would say NO NO NO.

frlom a fashionable stnad point, I don't think sopersonally.
But if it's a personal statement and you can keep it completely immaculate I think it's fine.

Like, if you wear hot pink tanks and white shorts. . . maybe it'll look too harsh. If you're apunk/goth kind of chick and you dress that way, you can pull it off! KWIM?
I couldn't pull it off in the summer personally, it would look out of place on me based on my summer attire.

I used to wear it around Christmas time last year I think. Except I never went with pure black, I went with a deep plum/purple. It really looks good if you do it the right way and keep your nails shorter because it looks hideous if you have long nails.