Is anyone else noticing wear on their Black Cherry Mini Tanner or Candace?

Dec 12, 2012
I have only had mine for about a month and I don't even use it every day (I use the Camel Candace a lot more) but the piping all around as well as the bottom edges are already showing wear, like I have been throwing it around for a year :tdown: The Camel one however, is still looking good.

I am super bummed and going back for an exchange this weekend. Anyone else experiencing the same?

(My pic here is only showing a wee bit but it's really all along the piping on the sides :cry: )

candacewear_zps38e42eee.jpg

I've been using my BC Candace almost daily since early December (w/ the exception of on my 1-week vacation where I carried a smaller purse), and I don't see any rubbing on the piping like yours shows. I haven't conditioned it either....

I've been using my BC Candace almost daily since early December (w/ the exception of on my 1-week vacation where I carried a smaller purse), and I don't see any rubbing on the piping like yours shows. I haven't conditioned it either....

I haven't seen anything like that, but I did just get mine exchanged due to the edge coating cracking (after just 2 weeks).

Thank you both. Unfortunately all the BC Candaces (or any Candace for that matter) have sold out in all the stores in my city. I'm going to have to exchange for something else or get store credit. Wish me luck! :shucks:

I got my BC Candace only 2 weeks ago and today I noticed some slight wear on the bottom piping. I don't know whether to bother with an exchange or not. It sounds like it might be inherent to the color of hide, and I didn't like any of the other colors right now. Took me an hour to pick this the first time. Thoughts?

I got my BC Candace only 2 weeks ago and today I noticed some slight wear on the bottom piping. I don't know whether to bother with an exchange or not. It sounds like it might be inherent to the color of hide, and I didn't like any of the other colors right now. Took me an hour to pick this the first time. Thoughts?

I wanted to exchange mine but she's sold out everywhere! Thankfully the helpful ladies here suggested using a heavy duty leather conditioner, and it's helped a lot! The wear is hardly noticeable now and I'm very very happy. I bought the Blackrock Leather Conditioner just for my BC Candace.

I'm with you about it being an inherent flaw to this particular colour only, as my other Candace isn't giving the same issues. She's gorgeous and I get compliments everytime I use her so I'll live with it and keep her (with the Blackrock cream in the other hand!).

Lucky me -- my store had another in stock! They exchanged it, no problem. I figure if it happens again, I'll just learn to live with it. Leather is going to age and wear with use.

Lucky me -- my store had another in stock! They exchanged it, no problem. I figure if it happens again, I'll just learn to live with it. Leather is going to age and wear with use.

I agree with you and am looking for other posts about BC Candace 'cause this is what I'm deciding on now - whether to keep or return (new, unused). How come it has to be BC that shows the wear?!

I wish I could be OK with leather showing its age, but somehow I only feel OK with that on natural undyed leather, and for these vibrant colors, I get really bothered by edge wear/piping wear.

How is the bag wearing now?

How is the bag wearing now?

The spots where the original wear happened are fine. I did notice a light grey streak further up the piping, like I brushed it against something and color transferred (on or off, I don't know). But I put the Coach moisturizer on it and it looks good as new. Wish I'd tried that before taking back the other.

Contemplating getting some Apple Garde to put on the bag. I need to double-check why my SA told me not to use the regular leather care on this color leather. That might keep me from getting the Apple.

Oh, and I took the tassels off b/c I noticed the beginnings of marks from their swing. I think the tassels are too stiff with the edging on each strip.

I just love the bag too much to give it up. I don't intend to baby her, so I do expect wear eventually. But I plan to switch out for one of the new Saffiano EW totes when spring hits. I tend to be rougher on my summer bags than my fall/winter ones. No clue why.