Is a crooked Mona Lisa normal?

travelgal16

Jan 17, 2016
I'm so mad at myself. I purchased this bag right before the price increase (July 1). Haven't used it and kept it in the dust bag. Just took it out to admire it and noticed the mona lisa back pocket is sewn on crooked. How could I not notice?

Is this normal?

Attachments

• 20180722_123757.jpg
    20180722_123757.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 663
  • 20180722_123809.jpg
    20180722_123809.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 676
I'm so mad at myself. I purchased this bag right before the price increase (July 1). Haven't used it and kept it in the dust bag. Just took it out to admire it and noticed the mona lisa back pocket is sewn on crooked. How could I not notice?

Is this normal?

I can’t tell. Can you point where it is? Mine has a loose thread which I’m not happy about it. I’m still thinking of keeping or returning . Does yours have any loose thread ?

Is this normal?

I really couldnt see what you were talking about but then I kept staring: If you compare the space above and below the left corners to the right, i guess its a TINY tiny bit uneven. I dont know how I would feel about it because I know what its like once you become obsessed with somth...

as for the loose thread: just cut it!! I think it is over the top to return a bag if it is your dream item and you love it otherwise. Mine also has a loose thread right in the corner of the back pocket and I took it to chanel and asked for advise and the SA just said just cut it - it is not an open stitch, its not a bad seam, its just a tiny bit of left over thread. it can happen!

@travelgal16

I forgot to say: despite there being a teeny weeny bit of diff. between the spaces of the left and right side of the pocket and therefore you could think it is uneven, I think its a very good thing that all the quilts line up! I think its much worse if the chevron or quilts are crooked and dont align, yours is perfect in that way... So I think if this was my bag, I wouldnt bother. who looks at the back of ur bag and measures the bits with a ruler anyway? ;)

I really couldnt see what you were talking about but then I kept staring: If you compare the space above and below the left corners to the right, i guess its a TINY tiny bit uneven. I dont know how I would feel about it because I know what its like once you become obsessed with somth..

You are correct. If you look at the top left corner and top right corner, the space from the top is different.

Also if you look from the bottom of the pocket it is not perfectly parallel to the bottom of the bag.

Attachments

• 20180722_142423.jpg
    20180722_142423.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 558
  • 20180722_142744.jpg
    20180722_142744.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 560
Reactions: IntheOcean
I can’t tell. Can you point where it is? Mine has a loose thread which I’m not happy about it. I’m still thinking of keeping or returning . Does yours have any loose thread ?

Can you take a picture of you back? I wonder if this is a common. I drew a picture in the post before this one. Fortunately, mine doesn't have any loose threads. That would drive me nuts. I'm a perfectionist lol.

I’m one who usually rolls my eyes when people complain about “flaws”, but that pocket is crooked. I saw it straight away. It’s one thing if a stitch is off but a pocket? It does look like the priority was aligning the chevrons which resulted in the crooked pocket. I’m not sure if one had to be sacrificed for the other. But I’d take it back if you still can.

Im also one of those people who just usually says to enjoy it and who cares but it is obviously crooked. Can't you just take it back and exchange it for another one so you don't have to pay the difference since you got it prior to the price increase?

I'm so mad at myself. I purchased this bag right before the price increase (July 1). Haven't used it and kept it in the dust bag. Just took it out to admire it and noticed the mona lisa back pocket is sewn on crooked. How could I not notice? Is this normal?

It's not a glaring issue. I REALLY had to stare at it to see it. It would be more noticeable if they actually tried to perfectly align the pocket and in turn, sacrificing the alignment of the chevron.