Is a Chanel boy suppose to look like this after a while?

Oh no ladies, This happens to me every time. I decide I want a bag and then a price increase decides to happen. I got my Jumbo like a few weeks before it happened. I feel lucky. Now I hear the boys are going up again starting Nov?! I wanted one for Xmas or my B day which is in Oct. I feel rushed ugh.
4200 to 4700?! I thought it already went up in May. Sigh

Yes I'm in the same boat, I don't want to pay more but I'm not ready to buy one right now as I'm still debating if I want a boy or a bag from another designer.

Yes I'm in the same boat, I don't want to pay more but I'm not ready to buy one right now as I'm still debating if I want a boy or a bag from another designer.

I feel you! I thought maybe by next year they would of done it but this soon?
I want to see the red calf but I want the black calf and it was 3900 to 4200 and going to be 4700 for the old medium sigh. Maybe if they lined the new boy bags with leather I wont feel so horrible. I cant really buy one right now. Ugh

I'm interested in seeing if there are any upgrades with the new ones but if there is not, then I'm going to be upset that I didn't get one at the old price.

After reading thru this thread I'm glad a majority have had no issues.

I've just discovered an issue with mine today. It's a little hard to explain, but I'll do my best!
(I'm not an over the top person when it comes to my bags, I look after them, but I use them as well, hope this makes sense)

On one end of my bag - across the top of the flap, it has risen and developed a bubble like appearance on the end. I can feel something between the two layers of leather. It feels hard, like a piece of wire or a skinny piece of leather off cut. Is it possible something was left between the two layers of leather in the production process?

I'm heading straight into the store tomorrow, but I'm so devestated. It's my favourite bag and I only like the colour and leather combo I have (metallic black calf, Ruth hw, small quilt). Do you think it is possible for it to be repaired?

Where the bubble has appeared you can see a little something under the leather. I checked with a friend to make sure I haven't gone mad, and she could feel and see something too.

After reading thru this thread I'm glad a majority have had no issues.

I've just discovered an issue with mine today. It's a little hard to explain, but I'll do my best!
(I'm not an over the top person when it comes to my bags, I look after them, but I use them as well, hope this makes sense)

On one end of my bag - across the top of the flap, it has risen and developed a bubble like appearance on the end. I can feel something between the two layers of leather. It feels hard, like a piece of wire or a skinny piece of leather off cut. Is it possible something was left between the two layers of leather in the production process?

I'm heading straight into the store tomorrow, but I'm so devestated. It's my favourite bag and I only like the colour and leather combo I have (metallic black calf, Ruth hw, small quilt). Do you think it is possible for it to be repaired?

Where the bubble has appeared you can see a little something under the leather. I checked with a friend to make sure I haven't gone mad, and she could feel and see something too.

Could you post photos?

Hi bagchicky
Sorry to know that you have problem with your boy but you are not the only one. I have the same boy but mine has problem at the inner flap.
I have not even started using it and I got bumpy surface.. The leather actually bulging out lol😔

Wow its pretty visible. When did you get the bag? I hope they can repair it for you!!
I can't remember exactly, but it's under 6 months.
It only gets used once a week, as I don't take it to work.
It's funny though as that end of the bag sometimes goes out of shape when I close it, I guess now I know why.
I just hope it can be fixed and that it doesn't take months to return :sad: