Is 4 bags in the same style, but different colors too much?

mliLV

Nov 8, 2021
I currently have 3 polene handbags in the un nano style, but in different colors. I have it in black lizzard, taupe, and trio camel. I really like the midnight blue color. But is 4 bags in the same style overkill? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Last edited:
It would be for me, but each to their own.

I cannot even bring myself to buy a Moynat Gabrielle because I still think it's too similar to my Gaby bag even though the silhouettes are completely different. But both have the same top handle, flap, and closure.

Like @sdkitty said, if you use all of them and love them, then that's all that matters.

It would be for me, but each to their own.

I cannot even bring myself to buy a Moynat Gabrielle because I still think it's too similar to my Gaby bag even though the silhouettes are completely different. But both have the same top handle, flap, and closure.

Like @sdkitty said, if you use all of them and love them, then that's all that matters.
I'm actually more like you. I can have two bags same style, different colors but if I were to see another one I liked better in same style and color I'd have to either pass on it or sell the one I have

IMO 4 is definitely not too many. When i love a bag style and it works for me, i tend to buy multiples. There are a few styles in my collection that i’ve added way more than 4 different colors — so i say go for it if you want the midnight blue - its a very different color then you other bags, so technically its a different bag :biggrin:

• Thanks
Reactions: Cali2HI and mliLV
IMO 4 is definitely not too many. When i love a bag style and it works for me, i tend to buy multiples. There are a few styles in my collection that i’ve added way more than 4 different colors — so i say go for it if you want the midnight blue - its a very different color then you other bags, so technically its a different bag :biggrin:
midnight blue does sound nice....dark blue but not as dark as navy?

Reactions: jbags07 and mliLV
midnight blue does sound nice....dark blue but not as dark as navy?
We don’t see a lot of blue bags here on tpf, except maybe H blues. I buy more blue bags than any other color - they are surprisingly neutral and just so pretty! The midnight is gorgeous, not dark dark but with such a nice tone.
This blue is stunning :heart:

Speaking as one who has three identical Loewe Mini Puzzle bags in white, black and pearl gray, my answer is NO. I like having all three color options when I'm putting an outfit together because this is the color palette of my wardrobe. Each bag "pops" in its own way depending on the outfit.

Polene's Un Nano size is both stylish and functional. If the midnight blue is calling you, by all means pick up the phone!

It depends IMO.
Do you use the other colors consistently?
Is the style one you absolutely love?
Is the style one that works for you in your real life?
If yes, then I see no problem. If no to one or more questions, I'd think thoroughly before adding one more - should you sell one to make room f.e.?
I've doubled a couple of styles and I have no regrets. Getting 2 of the same style is a big thing for me as I have so many different styles of bags I use in my daily life. It's most likely the same as someone with a smaller collection/variety of styles they use getting 4 or 6 bags in the same style.
If it works - you do you!