Iridescent Boy with Rainbow Hardware

littles mom

littles mom
Oct 5, 2013
Hi Everyone,

So these boys have been out for awhile now. Can anyone give their opinions on how much they have used their boys, compliments on the bag, negative reviews if any , positive reviews and anything else you feel like sharing regarding these unique bags. Does anyone wish they bought multiple colors in the bag or does anyone wish they had chosen differently?

I don't have that one personally but my close friend does, she has the iridescent purple one. She wears very minimalistic clothes and the palette is mainly: black, camel/tan, grey. Apparently it's hard to match with anything other than black/grey because she finds the purple too dull on anything that's not dark and plain, perhaps due to the duochrome it sometimes appears to be. However she did say the rainbow hardware makes it easy for her to wear either gold or silver jewellery for the day. Hope this helps! :smile:
Her one is only a small one so it's an occasion/events bag with no problem.

Hmmm... I haven't had much problems pulling it out but then again I mostly wear black, being true to a stereotype :lol:
Mine is also purple btw.

Of course I wish I had gotten the green one too (it was a close call) but sometimes you can't get everything you want! I don't think the green one would have been any more versatile for me anyway, if anything it would have been less.

I'm interested to hear other people's opinions too!

The outfits I wear with my purple old medium tend to be more minimalistic and neutral. Often more black. I can see myself wearing it with other colors within its rainbow spectrum but definitely not something like red. It's really lovely with spring pastels and I can see it working with some neons too.

As far as compliments....Oh boy. From huge glares to very outspoken praises! EVERYTIME I take it out. But I love it. I get the most compliments from SAs who work at other luxury brands, haha. I went into a MK boutique looking for pom pom bag charms and they were all fawning over it. The SA at LV was a little more discreet. :graucho: I also chatted up a storm with a Tiffany SA who's been trying to get one for his wife.

I do sometimes have a little remorse about not getting a black + ghw boy since it's more my color palette and was my top choice, but it's these compliments and realizations that I got something that feels "one of a kind" and is different from what people usually have makes me feel better. Plus, my iridescent boy is a souvenir from my trip to Paris and it being so gorgeous also reminds me of the wonderful time I had!

It's truly my unicorn and I wear it whenever I have the opportunity and outfit to.

Reactions: therosey
I have the purple one as well in old medium. I think it's a gorgeous colour that can go well in summer with any pastel colour, creams and of course white. The grey tone in the bag is great with winter wardrobes aswell. It's so versatile and the leather is amazingly durable! It's the most unique bag in my collection and Iove it! The only thing I wish I could have changed was the size. If I had a chance I would have gotten the small size instead of the old medium. Good luck with your decision. But I wouldn't hesitate to purchase it again if I had another chance!!

Love my old medium purple boy. Wear it with all kinds of colors outfit except extremely difficult colors like red or turquoise or something. the gray and green undertone makes it easy to match classic color outfits and AWESOME with ivory/white/black/gray, etc. I wore it with khaki green color and it works great against that too.

I had the choice between green, beige rainbow vs. purple and by far the purple is much more versatile and easy (pretty easy to see that in person, color hard to really tell in these iridescent bags on photos to truly appreciate).

wear it all the time, it's in my top 4 Chanel bags in rotation and I use my Chanels every day. got TONS of stares and compliments each time. agree with other person that SAs in stores fawn over it like crazy. everytime I walk into a chanel store with this bag, someone try to offer buying it out or start bothering SA to search for it (SAs do hate that part).

Love this bag - as expected, the leather AND the hardware is very durable.

Only regret is not buying 2 or 3 of them when it was held for me (should have!)

Love my old medium purple boy. Wear it with all kinds of colors outfit except extremely difficult colors like red or turquoise or something. the gray and green undertone makes it easy to match classic color outfits and AWESOME with ivory/white/black/gray, etc. I wore it with khaki green color and it works great against that too.

I had the choice between green, beige rainbow vs. purple and by far the purple is much more versatile and easy (pretty easy to see that in person, color hard to really tell in these iridescent bags on photos to truly appreciate).

wear it all the time, it's in my top 4 Chanel bags in rotation and I use my Chanels every day. got TONS of stares and compliments each time. agree with other person that SAs in stores fawn over it like crazy. everytime I walk into a chanel store with this bag, someone try to offer buying it out or start bothering SA to search for it (SAs do hate that part).

Love this bag - as expected, the leather AND the hardware is very durable.

Only regret is not buying 2 or 3 of them when it was held for me (should have!)

That's awesome! Thank you Vanana !

I have the bronze one. I do find it hard to match to clothes, but it goes amazingly well with my cream coloured Burberry trench, and since that's a staple for me, I'm happy. I love the bag and I would still wear it again. That being said, for me, it's part of a larger collection, and it wouldn't be one of my first Chanel purchases.

I have the the purple one in small size and have no problem using it since my clothes are mostly neutral. Like others have said I also get tons of compliments whenever I use it. Somebody even tried to grab it when I was at one of Chanel's boutique thinking it was for sale, Lol. Needless to say, the other customer was very disappointed to know it has been out of stock for a long time now. Leather is surprisingly durable as well and structure of bag is very sturdy. I have to say it is one of my favorite bag in my collection, it is really one of a kind[emoji4]

I have the bronze one. I do find it hard to match to clothes, but it goes amazingly well with my cream coloured Burberry trench, and since that's a staple for me, I'm happy. I love the bag and I would still wear it again. That being said, for me, it's part of a larger collection, and it wouldn't be one of my first Chanel purchases.
Hi, my bronze bag the stud on the trap one has rainbow effect and one just gold colour, photo here.
Is your the same ???

Attachments

• IMG_0208.JPG
    IMG_0208.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 1,077
Bumping this old thread to see how everyone who has a Boy with rainbow hardware likes it now, 2 years later. Any regrets? How does it wear? Any chipping on the chain?
I thought high and low about it, wondering if a Boy with rainbow hardware wouldn't be too trendy for me . The more I think about it, the more I would love a medium purple Boy with rainbow hardware. :love:.
Already thinking about outfits to go with it, lol :P. Now to find a medium purple for a reasonable price might going to be a challenge. Luckily I can be patient, and the hunting part is also fun :angel:.
So would love to hear from owners if they still love their iridescent Boys with rainbow hardware.

Bumping this old thread to see how everyone who has a Boy with rainbow hardware likes it now, 2 years later. Any regrets? How does it wear? Any chipping on the chain?
I thought high and low about it, wondering if a Boy with rainbow hardware wouldn't be too trendy for me . The more I think about it, the more I would love a medium purple Boy with rainbow hardware. :love:.
Already thinking about outfits to go with it, lol :P. Now to find a medium purple for a reasonable price might going to be a challenge. Luckily I can be patient, and the hunting part is also fun :angel:.
So would love to hear from owners if they still love their iridescent Boys with rainbow hardware.
Hi **Chanel** :wave:

My purple boy with iridescent hardware has held up really well. No chipping and scuffing. I have used it a lot too. Absolutely no regrets at all! It always reminds me of a beautiful unicorn when I see him :love::love:

Hope you’ll be able to purchase one at a reasonable price :girlsigh::tup: