Tech iPhone won't charge... Help!

MegsVC

Sep 15, 2012
Hi guys,

So I have a super ancient iPhone 4 that I've had about 3 years. I keep thinking I should go upgrade my phone, but I'm no longer on a plan which is awesome, and if it works..why bother?

Now of course sh*t hit the fan today.. :sad:
I woke up this morning for work to see that my phone wasn't fully charged.. Weird. But ok. Tried plugging it while I'm at work and it wouldn't charge. Kept coming up with a yellow triangle and saying charging is not supported with this device.
If I got the charger in just the right spot, it would show up with the green battery bar like it's charging, but the symbol in the battery says that it's fully charged, and my battery life just keeps going down..
Tried different chargers, different plugs, plugged into the computer, car, everything I can think of.
At this point I am not concerned about the phone, needed to be replaced anyways.. But I have over 4,000 picture on my phone, all the way back to when my dog was a puppy and I really don't want to lose them all..
I had them on my computer, but it got a virus in the fall and I had to factory reset it to get it back working.
I tried plugging into my computer to do a back up, which it would go through like it was, but once the back up was fully loaded, it would lose the connection and just stop. Tried loading pictures to iCloud, wouldn't work. I turned my phone off at 8% battery and I don't want to turn it back on.. I just want my pictures :cry:

Has anyone encountered this before? I'm hesitant to try too much because my battery is so low..
Could a professional repair shop pull stored photos from my phone like they can with computers?

I'm so sad right now, I cleaned the battery port very carefully with a needle and got out a fair bit of dust, but still not charging.. :sad:

I haven't had this problem, but I can sympathize with you on losing pictures!! I have thousands on my iphone too!! Can you get to an Apple store and let them look at it? I'm sure your pictures can be saved!! Good luck!!

Hi guys,

So I have a super ancient iPhone 4 that I've had about 3 years. I keep thinking I should go upgrade my phone, but I'm no longer on a plan which is awesome, and if it works..why bother?

I woke up this morning for work to see that my phone wasn't fully charged.. Weird. But ok. Tried plugging it while I'm at work and it wouldn't charge. Kept coming up with a yellow triangle and saying charging is not supported with this device.
If I got the charger in just the right spot, it would show up with the green battery bar like it's charging, but the symbol in the battery says that it's fully charged, and my battery life just keeps going down..
Tried different chargers, different plugs, plugged into the computer, car, everything I can think of.
At this point I am not concerned about the phone, needed to be replaced anyways.. But I have over 4,000 picture on my phone, all the way back to when my dog was a puppy and I really don't want to lose them all..
I had them on my computer, but it got a virus in the fall and I had to factory reset it to get it back working.
I tried plugging into my computer to do a back up, which it would go through like it was, but once the back up was fully loaded, it would lose the connection and just stop. Tried loading pictures to iCloud, wouldn't work. I turned my phone off at 8% battery and I don't want to turn it back on.. I just want my pictures :cry:

Has anyone encountered this before? I'm hesitant to try too much because my battery is so low..
Could a professional repair shop pull stored photos from my phone like they can with computers?

I'm so sad right now, I cleaned the battery port very carefully with a needle and got out a fair bit of dust, but still not charging.. :sad:
Go to apple support website
and make an appointment with the Genius Bar. You battery needs to be replaced

here's the link to make an appointment with the genius bar
http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Go to apple support website
and make an appointment with the Genius Bar. You battery needs to be replaced

I agree with this. More than likely, your battery just needs to be replaced. Take it to the Apple store and have them take a look. Lithium ion batteries have a life of 3-4 years, so looks like yours it at the end of its lifespan.

I really hope they can help you at the store, and I hate to say this, but let this be a lesson to use a third party backup for your photos, like Dropbox (free!) and do backups regularly. That way you aren't panicking so much about your photos in weird cases like this.

Hi guys,

Have you taken you iphone to the genius bar, yet? how did it go.?