Investment pieces for 30+

I but mostly antique pieces these days as they are quality work and you don’t see them on everyone. Although. I am currently on a pearl rampage. In my 20s I bought eveyrthing that caught my eye, in mynlate 30s I have started asking if I am going to wear it when I am 50 and not feel like a dope. Cute can still win though, I bought a Tiffany save the wild lion because it was just too darn cute to leave behind.

There's cute and then there's irresistible, I bought the elephant, my very first Tif piece.

Last edited:
Hello ladies,

What kind of jewelry would you all for ladies who are 30+? I am looking for pieces I can keep forever. For example, I imagine I could use birkin/kelly bags for the rest of my life. I used to love Kate Spade when I was younger but it just doesn't look right on myself anymore. I don't own jewelry other than simple diamond studs. I'd appreciate any kind of suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Obviously, the OP has had great advice and perhaps made good progress.

In case there are any others in the same position, whatever their age, my advice would be the same, buy what you love and would get most use out of now. Enjoy and have no regrets. If nothing else, that item will bring back great memories. If you want things that don't date, stay away from popular things unless it's something that has personal significance (you can see what's 'in' ATM from these jewellery boards) think only of your own style.

I think anything you like and will wear often (if not everyday) is the best "investment" piece you can buy. (I mean, jewelry doesn't really have much value to you if it sits in your jewelry box and you don't wear it!) What I did was find a couple designers I like whose pieces are reasonably priced and that I can occasionally afford and start to build my "good" jewelry collection that way.

My jewelry collection has definitely evolved over the years... I went from buying pieces from Forever 21 and Urban Outfitters to the occasional silver market to buying almost exclusively online. I especially love mixing vintage chains and charms with new pieces from Etsy. I used to be super matchy with hardware, so mixing metals intentionally (usually silver with yellow gold or rose gold) has helped widen my range of options. When I can’t decide, I usually wear a simple gold chain with a sterling initial or word tag charm. Timeless and versatile.

P.S. when it comes to investing in pricier pieces, buying vintage cuts down on the cost of gold, a lot of the time!

Im 29 and for the next couple of years these are the items i would feel are the most classic for my lifestyle and the only ones I feel are good investments in the futur. Mostly I want jewelry that I dont have to think about, that can be worn at the office and also with jeans during the weekends. Some I already own and others I plan on getting:
- Wedding set (upgraded and final version)
- Diamond earrings (I want something substantial that can be worn everyday and also on special occasions)
- 2 gold bangles (18k)
- 1 everyday 18k necklace: could be child's initial or Tiffany bean pendant.. I haven't decided what to get yet!

A nice watch, love bracelet, a gold necklace, a pair of stud earrings (if that's your style). Something personal to you. Versatile pieces.
The only thing I would not get is a diamond tennis bracelet. I personally never see them on younger people and I think it would age you.

Last edited:
A nice watch, love bracelet, a gold necklace, a pair of stud earrings (if that's your style). Something personal to you. Versatile pieces.
The only thing I would not get is a diamond tennis bracelet. I personally never see them on younger people and I think it would age you.

Love that statement! I was debating between a diamond tennis bracelet or Love and was leaning towards Love. But, this made me feel more confident w my decision. Always trying to look younger as each day and year passes.

As I have aged, I am now in mid 40's, and have worn less silver than I have in the past. I have a lot of Tiffany silver pieces and prefer wearing more gold jewels now.

Reactions: GPR and Lux.
Graff does have some fabulously expensive jewelry. But they are also introducing lines in the $10 to $30K range that are just beautiful. Look up Graff Butterfly and you will see some lovely eye candy.

Here’s some pictures of the bracelet in RG and WG. I did not buy it because I’m on Ban Island, but it’s definitely on my radar.
View attachment 4290810 View attachment 4290811 View attachment 4290812 View attachment 4290814
Beautiful bracelets!
Does anyone know if Graff do discounts in USA, particularly at Saks Beverly Hills or Graff Las Vegas? From what I know they do discounts in Europe + Chicago store, up to 30%. I will appreciate your reply guys. Thanks!

Graff does not give anywhere near 30% off. At least in my store, Saks in Tysons Corner, Virginia.
ETA: At least for the items in the $10K to $30K range. They do not have the margin for it. If you are paying cash for a $500K ring, they may do something better. But not 30% better.

Reactions: LadyO
Simple diamond studs are a great staple to start with! If it were me, I would make my next purchase a classic/simple diamond necklace (I personally like bezel settings for solitaire pendants or a diamonds by the yard look) or an eternity band. If you’re into watches, a nice watch (e.g. Rolex) would be a timeless staple as well (pun intended ☺️). Good luck!