Intervention! I'm afraid to use my bags!

Apr 12, 2009
Seriously, this is sooo stupid! I've had my avatar Ali for almost a year and have not used her! I've used my cinn Parker hippie once, briefly. I'm afraid they'll be damaged/marked/something.:wacko: I almost used Ali the other day, but it was sprinkling out. I want to use them, I just can't bring myself to take the chance! :sweatdrop: Is this normal behavior? I have a couple of bay/outlet bags that I don't worry so much about, but do become sad if I see a mark or scratch.

Help! Need some words of wisdom, here!

It's a bag, it's meant to be used! :smile: And it probably will get marked (and it will only be noticeable to you) but it'll sting less over time, I promise. The first one hurts the worse :roflmfao: I almost prefer used bags, I don't have to worry about it so much and they usually go for under retail. win win

Why not try an outlet or mall run with your bag? This way you will see other women with nice bags...you can "oogle" their bags and they can "oogle" yours. Maybe the lovefest will make you feel so good you will want to carry them more often.

i hear you. i have lady dior i got like............. i don't even remember how many years ago, and i only used it once. one night. that's it!! i really like the bag but everytime i take it out to use it, i am afraid that i will ruin it or break it. teehee

my husband thinks i need help. :smile:

i feel same, and I would almost prefer used for same reason. This is one reason I actually like siggy bags or coated canvas - don't have to worry about that. If those become damaged in any way, I don't feel as distressed as I do with leather.

haha. I started out the day with my new periwinkle Audrey. The rain in PA was horrible this morning! After I got home from taking DS to school I switched to another well used bag for the rest of the day. I couldn't stand water spots on my new baby!
I go through this phase with all my bags. You didn't spend all that money on your beautiful ali just to have it sit in the closet!

If you don't use the things that you bought, you're letting them go to waste. This is what I tell myself when I hesitate to use a certain item because I want to "save" it. :smile:

I use all of mine. I'm careful with them, but I guess I think why have them if I'm not going to use them. It seems like a waste to have them sitting in my closet not being used. They are meant to be used and are actually more durable than you think.

There are a couple of bags I don't use. I know it sounds silly but a couple are really pretty but really girly and I'm not a girly girl!

I know I should just use them or sell them...but unless I come across something I really need, they'll just sit in my closet! :Push:

I like the idea of the mall run. Maybe I'll try that tomorrow - it's not supposed to rain!:happydance:

On an intellectual level, I know that it's a waste to not use them but the thought still gives me anxiety. Maybe it's just b/c my kids ruin everything I own that I want something to stay nice! :thinking:

eta: I need purse therapy!

Last edited:
Honestly, the bags can take quite a bit of use. I don't baby mine by any means (I treat them well! but I don't freak out over them at all) and they still look fantastic.