International Buyer Item Not Received?

MCAddict

O.G.
Apr 6, 2008
Okay so I sold an LV agenda back around October 20th or so. I shipped the item the next day to the address they buyer had on the order details on ebay. This was an international buyer that used the buy it now and paid instantly, they never emailed me about their address or anything. Well now they are asking where the item is, since the tracking still says the item left the US on October 25th. They now tell me that I sent it to the wrong address, the address being the one they had on ebay. What should I do now? Should I just wait until the tracking updates? I have never had something like this happen before so I am at a loss. Any help is greatly appreciated!! :biggrin:

Did you check if the address on the ebay order page is the same as the address they have on paypal? Usually when I ship an item to a buyer, I use the paypal shipping label to make sure I ship it to the correct confirmed address. That way, I am protected.

Did you check if the address on the ebay order page is the same as the address they have on paypal? Usually when I ship an item to a buyer, I use the paypal shipping label to make sure I ship it to the correct confirmed address. That way, I am protected.

Its the same, I use paypal to print labels as well and that was the address that was on there as well. So since I sent it to that address should I be covered by paypal?

So, you should have known that it was the wrong address? Some people amaze me. Phone eBay and talk to a rep there on your next steps. It is the buyer's responsibility to have a correct address. If it is the wrong address it will ship back to you (it may take quite a while though). Be prepared for the buyer to file an INR and for eBay to side with them. Sorry, that's just the harsh reality of eBay and their slant towards buyers. Which country did you ship to?

If it was sent to Australia, there's been a really long delay for Priority lately.

I sent a box of stuff to a friend of mine and it usually only takes 5-7 days max. This time around, the tracking says that it left LA on the 28th and no other updates so far.

Yeah, international packages have been taking forever to get here lately. If you sent it to the address in PayPal and it's the same as the one on eBay anyway then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Tell the buyer to give it another week or so.

i recently had a package US to aus take 22 days priority. I'm stil waiting for another that has been 16 days. They have always taken 5-7 days. They have also left the US and had about 5 days until they register as going into customs.

tell them that you sent it to the address that is listed on ebay and paypal and that packges take a little longer lately. it's two weeks, it's no fun to wait for an item, but unfortunately transcontinental shipping takes its time sometimes (I think 5days - 3 weeks is normal)

^^Agree! And I think that eBay MIGHT side with you in this case since is was the buyer's responsibility to change the address, there was no way you could've known!!

I bought something from Asia Pacific region lately and it took three weeks. There are HUGE delays - I don't know if it's the international security situation or what's going on, but once the item is in the postal system and she has a record of this there is nothing anyone can do but sit and wait and see when it is delivered/the tracking updates. She should be onto her post office to see what the delay is, not you.

When they say you sent it to the wrong address, can you clarify this please? Are they just assuming you misaddressed it since it has not arrived?

If that's the address PP gave you, then YOU didn't send it to the wrong address, the BUYER had it sent to the wrong address.

If shipping has been slow lately, then I would tell the buyer "let's give it a bit more time" to see if it shows up.

Has the buyer tried to track the package locally? That's what I would do if it were my LV.