Interior of ring bead thingy that make a ring not move....

Bride2B

Dec 9, 2007
LOL sorry, but I don't know the technical name.
They are those little "speed bump" things people get put on the inside of their rings so they don't turn around.

Does anyone have this?
Is this a good idea?
Does it affect the value?
Is it done with the same metal as the ring?
How much does it cost?

My e-ring keeps turning & it bothers me....

I have the beads on my ring. I like it personally but when my fingers swell a lot, it can be uncomfortable..it all depends on the position and size of the beads. Talk to a jeweler that you trust

My sister has them in her e-ring. They don't effect the value of the ring and they can be removed if necessary. She got them because her ring was a tad big, but it's antique platinum with an intricate engraved design all the way around (kind of like Tacori). Sizing and resizing would ruin the engraving, so it was the perfect option for her...

I contemplated having sizing beads in my ering as it was too large. When my FI and I visited the jeweler who made my ring, she measured my ring size. It was measured at a size 4, and the e-ring was sized at 4.75. Because of the difference, she said that with the sizing beads, my ring might still spin...so, she just resized the ring for me.

I don't think that it would affect the value of the ring. And, my understanding was that they would size it with the same metal as the e-ring. As far as pricing goes, some places do it for free while others charge you. You should probably go back to the vendor where the ring was purchased and inquire about it.

I have a ring that could not be sized due to the design. I had lost weight and now it was loose. The jeweler put in sizing beads for me and it has been a great solution. I think it cost me about 50.00 USD

It's a perfect solution for E-rings because even if the ring is sized correctly, the weight of the single stone can cause the ring to turn because it's "top heavy". I have those beads in mine and wouldn't want it any other way. I don't find them uncomfortable at all. HTH's.