Inspired bags:Too fickle and poor for the orginals.

I'm sure I've got bags on the brain way too much but I'm seeing so many inspired bags now...they are everywhere! I've seen this one in 2 Winners stores. I googled it: Charles Jourdan leather Aubrey satchel. It's a copy of Givenchy small antigona:

View attachment 2098653

For me, this is the sort of bag I would never attribute to any brand. Stuff like this has been around for a zillion years.

It all looks like a doctor/bowling bag cross to me. Not especially unique.

For me, this is the sort of bag I would never attribute to any brand. Stuff like this has been around for a zillion years.

It all looks like a doctor/bowling bag cross to me. Not especially unique.

for me...it's that thick piece of leather in the front...not the shape

Michael Kors copies everyone :P. One reason why I love his bags is that when he copies, he usually improves upon the original style. lol Anyway, while I sometimes love a specific style, I may not love it at $1,000 a bag - but for $200 or less, SURE!

Chanel flap is a great example. I will NEVER pay full price of $4K for a Chanel flap unless I'm "Oprah rich". I may look at the Marc Jacobs single XL for a $1k. But there is a quilted flap at my local TJMaxx that only cost $50 and that is where I'm at right now. lol

I totally know what you mean! Honestly, I have come across so many inspired bags that are completely awesome in their own right...I'm not talking about complete copy cats...some are improvements but they won't carry the same cache. Problem for me is I wind up wanting both: the real deal as well as the inspired version(s) :roflmfao:

I totally know what you mean! Honestly, I have come across so many inspired bags that are completely awesome in their own right...I'm not talking about complete copy cats...some are improvements but they won't carry the same cache. Problem for me is I wind up wanting both: the real deal as well as the inspired version(s) :roflmfao:

That happens to me too! But I always choose the least expensive one!! Lol!!!

well, since fashion is cyclical, this makes sense! and I personally don't think there is any way around this sometimes... take the Coach Tanner for example, inspired by the Reed Krakoff Atlantique, inspired by the Celine Phantom... it just goes round and round :smile:

Well, you're way smarter than me. I'm only figuring this out now while I do the big shoe n bag purge!

Well, I like fashion and nice things, but I've never taken it very seriously like some do. I see people on here say all the time that they would NEVER buy an inspired by bag. That's its the real deal for them or nothing/Target or WalMart bag if they can't afford it. But I think that's such a narrow and unfun view of it. If I see a really expensive bag that I like and can find a similar one for less money that's not a fake I go for it.
I do insist on real leather, though. I can't do pleather. It's just too artificial. But I've found some great no name leather bags. And people always compliment them.

I just bought my first Longchamp Le Pliage at the airport. And then the next day I saw inspired bags that looked just like the Le Pliage for 2 Euros at the market. They don't replace the real thing, but they're fabulous gifts for people who never saw the original and wouldn't know the difference.

I just bought my first Longchamp Le Pliage at the airport. And then the next day I saw inspired bags that looked just like the Le Pliage for 2 Euros at the market. They don't replace the real thing, but they're fabulous gifts for people who never saw the original and wouldn't know the difference.

My dad went on a cruise and one the swag gifts they gave all the passengers were Le Pliage look-a-likes. He saw mine and thought I had stolen his bag!!

My dad went on a cruise and one the swag gifts they gave all the passengers were Le Pliage look-a-likes. He saw mine and thought I had stolen his bag!!

The look-a-likes are made of some type of plastic. You can feel the threads in the material of the real one, but the look-a-likes are smooth and shiny. No pocket on the inside, either. And the "leather" is darker. I hope they don't break right away due to bad materials..

Well, I like fashion and nice things, but I've never taken it very seriously like some do. I see people on here say all the time that they would NEVER buy an inspired by bag. That's its the real deal for them or nothing/Target or WalMart bag if they can't afford it. But I think that's such a narrow and unfun view of it. If I see a really expensive bag that I like and can find a similar one for less money that's not a fake I go for it.
I do insist on real leather, though. I can't do pleather. It's just too artificial. But I've found some great no name leather bags. And people always compliment them.

I insist on real leather too. Sometimes I'm shocked when I discover that certain brand name bags aren't even real leather yet they start to carry heftier prices $$ due to brand name! Diesel comes to mind; but there are others.

I got a faux le pliage from gap somewhere around 1999. Still have it. Didn't know about Longchamp until almost 10 years later.