Inquiry: Trench Quality These Days

klemmiwinks

Mar 17, 2018
Hello,

This goes out to anyone who has bought a trench recently: how is the quality these days? Money is not an issue, but I have noticed that the prices have increased considerably since the last time that I looked into getting a trench, hence my question. This is going to be a gift for me, which is why I want to hear your thoughts—I would feel horrible asking someone to buy this for me if the quality is akin to something much cheaper. I’m planning to go next weekend to a boutique to try on in person, but I’d like to know how anyone is feeling after owning from the last couple of years. This is something I’m hoping to keep on rotation for the next decade or so at least.

Thank you in advance!

Hello,

This goes out to anyone who has bought a trench recently: how is the quality these days? Money is not an issue, but I have noticed that the prices have increased considerably since the last time that I looked into getting a trench, hence my question. This is going to be a gift for me, which is why I want to hear your thoughts—I would feel horrible asking someone to buy this for me if the quality is akin to something much cheaper. I’m planning to go next weekend to a boutique to try on in person, but I’d like to know how anyone is feeling after owning from the last couple of years. This is something I’m hoping to keep on rotation for the next decade or so at least.

Thank you in advance!
Quality is perfectly fine and comparable to what it was a while back. (For the trenches made in England)

Mackintosh is another historic brand that makes lovely trenches with interesting styling.

If you're looking for something a little different and don't mind pre-loved, the trenches from the Prorsum range are some of the most beautiful pieces Burberry ever made, imo. :love: lots of unique styles and mostly made in Italy with beautiful fabrics. If you're looking for the classic Burberry trench look, then you can't go wrong with buying a new one from them either. It's one thing they continue to execute perfectly :loveeyes:

Reactions: klemmiwinks
Hi there, I would agree with the advice given above. Always ensure it is the trench coat that is Made In England, in gabardine cotton. Those are superior in quality and incomparable to any other trench coat out there. I purchase mine about 2-3 years ago. Although I was double minded about buying one, when I saw a particular runway trench in chestnut brown, I absolutely fell in love and decided to bite the bullet (classic beige one washes me out as I'm light-medium in complexion!). I felt really guilty about spending so much money, but now when I look back I realise it was a no brainer. I always get compliments on it and I still absolutely adore it.
Good luck and i hope you find your stellar trench!