Inner bottom of classic flap

Zucnarf

O.G.
Aug 9, 2008
Dear ladies,
I just bought my holy grail bag: classic flap in caviar beige!!!!
I noticed that the leather at the inner bottom is not perfectly flat as on my black caviar flap with burgundy interior. SA told me that's normal because they use even leather from neck of the animals.
Would this botter you?
So, the bottom inner lining has bumps and doesn't fits snugly inside. On internet, That's usually characterstic of fake bag, right?
Once I saw YouTube review and the girl returned the bag for that reason.
Other than that, the bag is absolutely perfect, and very hard to find in Europe :smile:
What would you do? Would this bother you?

And one more thing, there is going to be price increase and I dont know When I will be able to find another beige flap in Europe.
I dont have a store in My country, I travelled 2 hours by plane to get her :smile:

Last edited:
Dear ladies,
I just bought my holy grail bag: classic flap in caviar beige!!!!
I noticed that the leather at the inner bottom is not perfectly flat as on my black caviar flap with burgundy interior. SA told me that's normal because they use even leather from neck of the animals.
Would this botter you?
So, the bottom inner lining has bumps and doesn't fits snugly inside. On internet, That's usually characterstic of fake bag, right?
Once I saw YouTube review and the girl returned the bag for that reason.
Other than that, the bag is absolutely perfect, and very hard to find in Europe :smile:
What would you do? Would this bother you?

And one more thing, there is going to be price increase and I dont know When I will be able to find another beige flap in Europe.
I dont have a store in My country, I travelled 2 hours by plane to get her :smile:

Hi Zucnarf,
I'm so sorry that you are going through this. Yes it would bother me especially on a brand new bag. I would return it and search again. Are you against preloved? They do turn up from time to time and you may find one that is in excellent condition and a better price. Let us know what you decide and good luck.

Yes, it's normal. Sometimes they are not completely flat or a little loose. It's not a definite sign of a fake. UGH. Anyway only you can decide how much it bothers you and if you want to track down another. I'm not sure what country you are in but maybe check with your boutique and see what they can do for a replacement? Good luck.