Ink Stain - Longchamp Cuir - HELP!

Sep 2, 2013
Hi, Everyone:

I need your advice and expertise, please. I just discovered an ink stain (black) on the handle of my Cherry Longchamp Cuir (from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale from a couple years back or so).

I don’t know hold old the stain is; I’m guessing it’s just days old.

I absolutely love this bag, especially in this color. I would really like to save it, if I can. I don’t want to ruin it by just haphazardly scrubbing at it with a baby wipe.

Please help. I need product, application, and removal pointers/advice.

I don’t know if I’ll be able to find another one in the Cherry color in that size (Nordstrom exclusive).

Thank you so much!

Hi, I'm sorry this happened to your Cherry cuir. :sad: I can see that you really love this color. I have had no experience cleaning ink stains sadly. Hope another member can perhaps chime in with their experience.
Thank you, frienziedhandbag! I appreciate your reply and support. Hopefully, someone can share some advice. I’ve put it away for now (but miss it already!). I don’t want to wait too long. I know stains can settle.

Thanks again!

Reactions: frenziedhandbag
Hi, Everyone:

I need your advice and expertise, please. I just discovered an ink stain (black) on the handle of my Cherry Longchamp Cuir (from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale from a couple years back or so).

I absolutely love this bag, especially in this color. I would really like to save it, if I can. I don’t want to ruin it by just haphazardly scrubbing at it with a baby wipe.

I don’t know if I’ll be able to find another one in the Cherry color in that size (Nordstrom exclusive).

Thank you so much!
Try Amodex but you have to keep applying this a couple times.

Reactions: BlackGrayRed
Is the stain really visible? If not, It is probably best to just leave it (trust me, no one but you will ever notice).
If it is very visible, I don't think that a baby wipe will be sufficient to clean it off. I have used baby wipes in the past and have not had any issues with them damaging any leather, but they are also not sufficient to clean deep and pigmented stains.
Like I said, sometimes when the damage is minimal, it is better to just leave it alone instead of creating a bigger problem.

Reactions: cheidel
Hi, Everyone:

Thank you so much!

my mom's pink hermes sling bag used to have a visible ink stain, we brought to a Hermes store and the clerk suggested us to recolor the affected area at a Professional Leather Service, as they said chemicals would ruin the leather and make it look worse. so we tried recolor it and the turned out GOOD ...

Reactions: BlackGrayRed
I suggest you Google “how to remove ink stain from leather bag” like I just did. There are several suggestions, including putting rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball and rubbing lightly. I use Google frequently for answers, because I know others have experienced the same issue I may need answers or suggestions about. :smile:

Is the stain really visible? If not, It is probably best to just leave it (trust me, no one but you will ever notice).
If it is very visible, I don't think that a baby wipe will be sufficient to clean it off. I have used baby wipes in the past and have not had any issues with them damaging any leather, but they are also not sufficient to clean deep and pigmented stains.
Like I said, sometimes when the damage is minimal, it is better to just leave it alone instead of creating a bigger problem.

Thanks for your insights! I appreciate it. I’m still debating. I really want to remove it, though. It’s not that visible to others; but I know it’s there, so. Haha. I think I’ll call Longchamp as sittysue suggested. I hope they’re forthcoming with some real help. I’ll update here with any info.

my mom's pink hermes sling bag used to have a visible ink stain, we brought to a Hermes store and the clerk suggested us to recolor the affected area at a Professional Leather Service, as they said chemicals would ruin the leather and make it look worse. so we tried recolor it and the turned out GOOD ...

I thought about this. I guess I’m a little hesitant to hand it over. I know. I know. Yet, I’m willing to do it myself. Haha. This is an option, for sure. Thank you, meyreena!