Ingrown eyebrow hair.... :(

candac3mari3

C'est la vie!
O.G.
Sep 20, 2007
I have what I *think* is an ingrown eyebrow hair..... but it has made my entire right eye swollen and red!!! I've read online that you can warm it w/a hot rag and try to find the hair which I'll try. Does anyone know if an esthetician can help?!? I'm going away on vacation on wednesday and the last thing I want is a huge swollen eye!!!!!

I had an ingrown eyebrow hair once, but it just looked like a pimple and didn't give me too much trouble. Are you sure that you have an ingrown hair? If your whole eye is swollen I definitely think you should see a doctor as it may be infected.

Maybe its a type of folliculitis, maybe a pseudofolliculitis in a very low range, or maybe a stuck pimple, if its in the are were you take out ur hair with tweezers or u wax then it could be a derived of folliculitis - its juz inflammation of the hair follicule, since its in a small are you dont really need to go to dr. sometimes its in large areas and very complicated.

so the treatment its what you saw warm washcloth- wash with antibacterial soap throughly if you have it like to big and too infected you can add to these water instead of using soap some tips of salt that would make it dry faster and then apply oatmeal moisturizing.

I use PFB for ingrown bikini hairs and it works wonders in other places as well. I would see your dermatologist about something near the eye area, though. The skin there is too thin and sensitive!

...perhaps a hot towel or steaming will open up the area so if it's an ingrown hair it will pop out.

I use Tend Skin for ingrown hairs in my bikini area, but that may be too harsh for the eye area.

its actually under my eyebrow kind of in the middle
you can see the little spot, I was @ the esthetician today and they said they didnt see any hair inside the bump so I'm thinking I should go to the doc. tomorrow
Photo10.jpg

and here you can see the 2 eyes and how swollen the one is
Photo11.jpg

Hm..well I can't really tell, but it might be a bug bite or a pimple. Wait until tomorrow to see if the swelling goes down before you go see a doctor. It doesn't look like an ingrown hair because usually the area wouldn't be so red, but I'm no expert.

I had an ingrown hair once in my brow. It never really hurt me or was red. It was just the dark hair that I could see was stuck in there, that looked like a black head. I tried to wiggle it out and dig it out, but everytime I did that it just went further in. Finally when I left it alone for a long time, it started to peek out a bit, and I was able to dig my tweezer in there and yank it out. But it was never red or painful.

I agree with the others, I don't think it's an ingrown hair. It could be, like mentioned above, a bug bite or cystic pimple. Is it hard and painful? Poor thing, it must be uncomfortable when you blink.

Let us know how the dr. visit goes!:flowers: