Info on storing your Birkins

jenna

*flower power*
O.G.
Jan 27, 2006
Hey all Birkin lovers!

I came across this info re: storage at www.bagsnob.com. I hope it's helpful! :smile:

"The ultimate status bag, the Hermes birkin, is on the top of every girl's wish list. But to truly appreciate the Hermes birkin in all its beauty and to be worthy of its fabulousness is to be knowledgeable on everything about it. It is not just the Hermes stamp and logo that brands you as a "Bag Snob"! There is so much that makes the bag. First, the tissue paper. I have had many conversations with various Hermes MDs (managing directors, not the medical kind) and they all love talking about the tissue paper. Apparently there are special tissue paper craftsman who spend their entire lives folding tissue paper for Hermes bags! They make little pillows for the birkin to rest upon and layers of "blankets" to protect it. It is suggested that you keep the bag exactly as the day you opened it, sleeping on the little pillow will allow it to keep its shape for life!

The stitching on Hermes bags is also unparalled. It is so sturdy you can carry rocks in them! (or if you are the Bag Snob, 10 pounds of baby necessities). The stitiching is usually the first giveaway between faux or real. The real deal should have a very uniform and slight tilt to it while the fake is crooked and uneven.

All of the exotic skins also come with certificates, which is handy when traveling. Now what other bag has its own passport?
For the true aficionados, try to get an invitation to tour the private Hermes museum next time you are in Paris and get a complete history of all things Hermes!"

credit: http://www.bagsnob.com/2006/03/hermes_101.html#more

hehe I just put her to bed every night :biggrin: She didnt get any action today due to HEAVY rain, but she'll definitely be seeing the light of day tomorrow :love: Dont worry, she is NOT going into hiding yet!!!