Info on MJ repairs to bags purchased in the last 18 months

Aggie

Feb 5, 2007
The Mj repairs only apply to Marc Jacobs Collection Bags bought within the last 18 months.
This includes hardware or stitching, not cleaning or refurbishing.

The email for repairs is [email protected].

If within warranty, please use SRO# 1007720A & B
their address is:

Moda Express
ATTN: DIEGO
900 Secaucus Rd
Secaucus NJ 07094

Enclose your: name; address; telephone#; repair issue; and our repair authorization# provided above.
Allow a few weeks to process.

I hope this helps anyone who wants to send bags in for repairs, the Return Auth number may change, so I would suggest you call MJ before you send off your stuff, I contacted them, cuz I have stuff I need repaired.

Good Luck!

Thanks, that's very useful!

From what I understand, you MUST initiate contact first through the email address so you can get the RO number referral(probably different for each repair).

And to be safe, make sure you put your contact info in the interior pocket of the bag - just in case they lose the paperwork!

Aggie,
Thank you so much for your response. I've e-mailed Marc Jacobs today, and am waiting for a response.

I really appreciate this; hopefully Marc Jacobs will repair the bag, it was a present from a friend, with no gift reciet. And I don't know when she purchased it, she used it for awhile herself.

Rebekah

The Mj repairs only apply to Marc Jacobs Collection Bags bought within the last 18 months.
This includes hardware or stitching, not cleaning or refurbishing.

The email for repairs is [email protected].

If within warranty, please use SRO# 1007720A & B
their address is:

Moda Express
ATTN: DIEGO
900 Secaucus Rd
Secaucus NJ 07094

Enclose your: name; address; telephone#; repair issue; and our repair authorization# provided above.
Allow a few weeks to process.

I hope this helps anyone who wants to send bags in for repairs, the Return Auth number may change, so I would suggest you call MJ before you send off your stuff, I contacted them, cuz I have stuff I need repaired.

Good Luck!

Hi everyone. I just wanted to update you on my experience with ModaExpress. I took my small mp to Bloomingdales for them to send off to the MJ repair center. I asked where they send the bags and the SA looked it up and said "Moda Express in Secaucus NJ". My bag is two+ years old and I remembered on this post that they only repair bags 18 months and newer. The SA said there may be a charge, but they would contact me directly before they did anything to the bag to make sure I would accept the charge. Well, OK, that's fine, it has to be fixed, so if I need to pay, then I need to pay! That was on August 8th that I dropped it off. I received a box from Moda Express yesterday from Fed Ex with my bag in it. No contact or phone call, NO CHARGE TO ME! FREE!!! The bag looks brand new! The packaged it beautifully, and stuffed it with paper filler. They cleaned it inside and out, and fixed the leather on this area next to the handle which was coming undone. They also buffed all the hardware so there are absolutely no scratches on any of the hardware! It is amazing! A VERY long wait, but it looks incredible! So, maybe if you contacted them directly they only cover up to 18 months old. My advice would be to take it to your retailer and let them send it for you. Oh, and by the way, I got my bag on eBay NOT Bloomingdales~ the SA didn't even ask me. I just had to fill out a form and they sent it off for me. YAY!
:yahoo: