Influencers and Hermes

Isabelle's Style shared that she received her Etoupe B25 after 1.3:1 spend over 1.5 years. I always thought Australia was super competitive, but that pre-spend seems reasonable in today's climate?
My take from her videos is that that number is pre-spend since her last QB and that she spends a lot in general. She also buys home stuff like lamps. It was her very first Mother's Day so I believe the SA came through with the Birkin for Isabel as one of her VVIP clients.

My two cents 😁

Thank you for sharing! I’m so over the
1. Orange box
2. Pulling the brown ribbon
3. Tapping their nails on the box top
4. Slowly pulling back 4 pieces of white tissue paper
5. Seeing the dust bag
6. Picking up the dust bag and pulling the strings.
7. Sloooowwwlllyyyyy pulling the bag out of the dust bag.
8. Pretending it’s the first time they’ve ever seen it. Even if 80% of the time it’s wearing Twilly’s.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣 but literally that’s 99.9999% of every unboxing video on YT and IG.
'Tapping their nails on the box top' :lol: - so so OVER of it !!

On the one hand I really agree that the incessant show off culture really is impacting everyone negatively. On the other hand, it feels “controlling” to put it mildly.
Yes. People should be able to post whatever they want to post as long as it doesn't harm anyone.

And if people are being affected negatively, it's on them. They can unfollow. They don't have to look. The state doesn't have to intervene "for the greater good", because they are just luxury items.

Yes. People should be able to post whatever they want to post as long as it doesn't harm anyone.

And if people are being affected negatively, it's on them. They can unfollow. They don't have to look. The state doesn't have to intervene "for the greater good", because they are just luxury items.
Good points. But we all know that’s easier said than done. People that are strong enough to unfollow and scroll past aren’t going to be the ones negatively impacted in the first place.

It's an interesting topic and, imo, a fine line. Children, especially girls, are being harmed, and I don't believe the responsibility for un-following or not looking can be placed on them.
This forum and especially this topic of influencers is so interesting. You guys raise issues i hadn't even considered. I came for road map drama and I stayed for the excellent convo :smile:

The road map drama 😂🤣😂🤣 YES! Have you seen her latest reel? Showing off her new $400 rubber flip flops. I love the brand and have lots of things, but to make it my whole life and personality like she has would be exhausting.
This forum and especially this topic of influencers is so interesting. You guys raise issues i hadn't even considered. I came for road map drama and I stayed for the excellent convo :smile: