Indecisive again! Campana or Veneta?

FWIW, I never zip my Veneta. I do tend to dig around a little more to find things but then I don't carry that much. The Veneta does slouch nicely and sits upright when in use so in that respect it's not much different from the Campana. I just find the Veneta to be a more unique style compared to Campana.

If I can afford I would like to get one medium campana and one large Veneta! Dreaming......decision decision!

Hi,

Like you, I know I wanted a belly and a Sloane. And like you, I know I cannot afford both at the same time. Hence, my advice is, whichever one you find that is the right colour and better deal, you get that one first. Because you know you will eventually get them both so make your buying power work for you.

I know im among the minority here: but i say the campana!
I tried 3 separate times my hardest to *love* the large veneta (buying it, then deciding to sell it) and found it too awkward for me and the zip-top opening to be to small. I also dont love the flat construction of the veneta.
The campana is so nice that it sits on a nice flat bottom & it opens wide and there is no fumbling blindly in a small awkward zipper-top opening. I just cannot make the veneta work for me, despite how beautiful the bag is! I much prefer the campana, but i know here everyone loves the veneta!!
My advice is: go with what feels best when you try it on at the store.

Is your campana large or medium? Do you think medium is too small?

Hi,

Like you, I know I wanted a belly and a Sloane. And like you, I know I cannot afford both at the same time. Hence, my advice is, whichever one you find that is the right colour and better deal, you get that one first. Because you know you will eventually get them both so make your buying power work for you.

Ya agreed! I have a good offer for a fraise campana but I can't see it in person before I decide. Not sure it's a good red?

Sorry for my long post. I really need to hear from your gals to ease my mind now :smile: TIA!

Great thread! I just received a new to me mini messenger bag with chain and absolutely love it. I'm now starting to look for my second BV and like you, very tempted with these two styles. I am slightly leaning towards the Campana as I favour the longer handle drop. Hope to see your reveal!

After doing some survey, I guess I like large Veneta more now. I didn't try on belly yet, is it very bulky compare to Veneta? Can large Veneta stuff a lot since it's flat design? Will the shape run after stuffing? Thanks again.

After doing some survey, I guess I like large Veneta more now. I didn't try on belly yet, is it very bulky compare to Veneta? Can large Veneta stuff a lot since it's flat design? Will the shape run after stuffing? Thanks again.

I can't speak for the belly, but the large veneta can hold quite a bit. You lose the drape though the more you stuff it.

Great thread! I just received a new to me mini messenger bag with chain and absolutely love it. I'm now starting to look for my second BV and like you, very tempted with these two styles. I am slightly leaning towards the Campana as I favour the longer handle drop. Hope to see your reveal!

Congrats on your first BV Frenziedhandbag!!! Hope I didn't miss your reveal?

I have toyed with getting the Campana so so so many times, but each time the Large Veneta always wins when I am checking out at the cashier. Lol

I am 166cm in height and a US size 6. Medium Campana is a tad too small whereas Large Campana is massive (even bigger than the Large V). For me, I just didn't like how the Campana slouches and "melts into a puddle" when it's heavily used. The V slouches but because of its structure I would lean the bag against something and then it would sit upright.

It's just a personal preference but so far I have 2 Large Vs and another new style on its way (I can't wait to do a reveal - its been a while) and no Campana.

I've only had the large Belly and when brand new, it's enormous. As I shared with LaraMadeleine, it's like carrying a tire around. Once the bag softens and gets broken in, it has a lovely, lovely shape--rounded and a bit softer than the edges of the Veneta. It is not at all bulky. That said, I would say there is more bulk because the corners are gathered.

The large Belly is larger than a large Veneta but not hugely so. I do find the entry to the Large Belly to be quite small for a bag its size. I dare say the entry is smaller (or at least feels like it is) than the large Veneta.

I have toyed with getting the Campana so so so many times, but each time the Large Veneta always wins when I am checking out at the cashier. Lol

I am 166cm in height and a US size 6. Medium Campana is a tad too small whereas Large Campana is massive (even bigger than the Large V). For me, I just didn't like how the Campana slouches and "melts into a puddle" when it's heavily used. The V slouches but because of its structure I would lean the bag against something and then it would sit upright.

It's just a personal preference but so far I have 2 Large Vs and another new style on its way (I can't wait to do a reveal - its been a while) and no Campana.

You are slightly taller than me, do you think large Veneta a bit big on you? Now I'm leaning more to large Veneta but afraid it's too big on me!

I've only had the large Belly and when brand new, it's enormous. As I shared with LaraMadeleine, it's like carrying a tire around. Once the bag softens and gets broken in, it has a lovely, lovely shape--rounded and a bit softer than the edges of the Veneta. It is not at all bulky. That said, I would say there is more bulk because the corners are gathered.

The large Belly is larger than a large Veneta but not hugely so. I do find the entry to the Large Belly to be quite small for a bag its size. I dare say the entry is smaller (or at least feels like it is) than the large Veneta.

I think if I'm getting a belly it most likely is medium size! I heard it can stuff the same amount as large V.....is it true?