Indecisive again! Campana or Veneta?

Jul 27, 2010
I know this topic had been discussed many times before. I also feel that (maybe I'm wrong!) Veneta bag tends to get more attention and reveal here. It seems like it's more popular? However I still can't decide which suite me better! Initially I set my mind on medium campana. Today I went to try on it personally. I feel that medium campana is a bit small (not as big as I think). There is one large campana in dark green on sales, however it looks too big on me as I'm only 156cm tall! Then I try on the large Veneta and surprisingly it's very comfy on my shoulder, although it's large but not as bulky as large campana. I like the design of campana (I like double handle) but I feel that Veneta is more comfortable to carry. I really can't make up my mind which to get first? I know I might be ended getting 2 but definitely I can't afford to do it now. Another consideration, I have a very good deal for medium campana in Fraise color. I'm really tempted to get it but afraid I will regret on my decision. Sorry for my long post. I really need to hear from your gals to ease my mind now :smile: TIA!

Last edited:
I had my eyes on the Campana initially but yes the medium was too small for me and the large is quite big. I never thought of getting the veneta but I completely changed my view once I tried it on... I just bought a fraise small/med veneta and unexpectedly saw another large tangerine on sale over the weekend at NM. So I just bought my 1st two venetas in 3 weeks... So I vote for veneta as it looks more chic and trendy...

I had my eyes on the Campana initially but yes the medium was too small for me and the large is quite big. I never thought of getting the veneta but I completely changed my view once I tried it on... I just bought a fraise small/med veneta and unexpectedly saw another large tangerine on sale over the weekend at NM. So I just bought my 1st two venetas in 3 weeks... So I vote for veneta as it looks more chic and trendy...

Thanks for your sharing. Do you think large Veneta is better than medium? Can I see your modeling photo for both bags? :smile:

Good call, I also have a medium and large veneta and find they complement one another very nicely. I like your color choices too :smile:

Thanks for your sharing. Do you think large Veneta is better than medium? Can I see your modeling photo for both bags? :smile:

They hold about the same amount but the large is easier to get in and out of than the medium because of the zipper size. I still love my medium, it's a little dressier and more compact (good for stuffing into your suitcase while traveling), the large seems more casual and satchel-y.

There are tons of mod shots in the action or reference threads, you will likely find what you are looking for there.

I actually prefer the Campagna to the Veneta. I have a large one and while it is a large bag, I don't feel like it overwhelms me, and I'm only 5'3". I think the structure is more flattering on me than the Veneta. Both are great styles, though.

Another vote for Veneta! I prefer the clean look of a single strap with no joints. Have you seen the belly Veneta? It's roomier than regular Veneta, so it may be an option for you too.

I look at the Campana every time I buy a bag and I just can't bring myself to get one. The medium is too small and the large is too big for me at 5'6'. Although I love the shape the large Veneta really is more comfortable and I love the simplicity of the style. Even the Large works well to tuck into a suitcase for travel as it is so flat. Ebano Veneta was my first BV and I don't think you can go wrong with it.

I know im among the minority here: but i say the campana!
I tried 3 separate times my hardest to *love* the large veneta (buying it, then deciding to sell it) and found it too awkward for me and the zip-top opening to be to small. I also dont love the flat construction of the veneta.
The campana is so nice that it sits on a nice flat bottom & it opens wide and there is no fumbling blindly in a small awkward zipper-top opening. I just cannot make the veneta work for me, despite how beautiful the bag is! I much prefer the campana, but i know here everyone loves the veneta!!
My advice is: go with what feels best when you try it on at the store.

Last edited:
I have a large campana. Love it! And the next BV bag for me will be a belly 'cos I love the shape and the zip closure and not the veneta. IMHO, how you feel is more important than what price you paid initially. :giggles: Hope it helps ...

How's your fraise Veneta holding so far? Is there any special treatment required to prevent color transfer issue? Is there any orange undertone?